Football Recruits - 2020

WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:55 pm

With the “2020” season in the spring idk if he’ll be playing this spring or fall but a DE/DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DT would be my guess based on need and this kid's film and size. With some Opt outs, we are very young inside on the DL right now. This would add some much needed depth. Look for all positions to play 2-3 deep this Spring if able. They don't want kids to be wore out come Oct 2021.
How many opt outs do we have? I haven’t seen anything about that for WIU.

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:58 am
GV Dad wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:55 pm

With the “2020” season in the spring idk if he’ll be playing this spring or fall but a DE/DT

DT would be my guess based on need and this kid's film and size. With some Opt outs, we are very young inside on the DL right now. This would add some much needed depth. Look for all positions to play 2-3 deep this Spring if able. They don't want kids to be wore out come Oct 2021.

They don't make those public, but I will say the Defense will look a lot different in the Spring than it did in the Fall 2019. Both in scheme and players. A ton of young talent is going to gain some valuable experience. Not sure what to expect this Spring, but could be one of the top Defenses in the Valley for the next 3-4 years. DL will be unreal!
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
GV Dad wrote: DT would be my guess based on need and this kid's film and size. With some Opt outs, we are very young inside on the DL right now. This would add some much needed depth. Look for all positions to play 2-3 deep this Spring if able. They don't want kids to be wore out come Oct 2021.

They don't make those public, but I will say the Defense will look a lot different in the Spring than it did in the Fall 2019. Both in scheme and players. A ton of young talent is going to gain some valuable experience. Not sure what to expect this Spring, but could be one of the top Defenses in the Valley for the next 3-4 years. DL will be unreal!

Interesting, is that just what WIU coaches decided? Because I feel like I’ve seen announcements from other programs about people sitting out. I’m excited for anything besides last years record lol. As of now, I’m planning to come to Macomb for the UND game in March

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:09 am
GV Dad wrote:

Interesting, is that just what WIU coaches decided? Because I feel like I’ve seen announcements from other programs about people sitting out. I’m excited for anything besides last years record lol. As of now, I’m planning to come to Macomb for the UND game in March

If you do, message me! If we are allowed to tailgate you are definitely welcome to join us!