Football Recruits - 2020

letsgonecks

WIU2DC wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Looks like we just offered this guy and his bio say May graduate. So, I’m assuming he’d on the field in the fall if he signs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like he was a WR out of HS, played 6 games Freshman year as a TE for NAIA College of Idaho, not sure on 2018, but was a LB and teammate of current signee Maceo Barbosa at Santa Rosa last year.
leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC

Cade Eddington (WR) has committed to WIU, looks like he’ll be here in the fall.

In 2018 he had offers to Truman State, Minnesota State, and PWO to University of Miami. He signed with Truman State and looks like he played last year there or maybe redshirted. He only listed those three offers (out of HS) on his Twitter and very stark differences between them.

wiu712

Former Rochester teammates Cade Eddington, Clay Bruno to reunite at Western Illinois.
From the Springfield State Journal-Register:
https://www.sj-r.com/sports/20200515/fo ... n-illinois
leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Kid can definitely catch the ball, and seems like a good possession WR. But, maybe it was just me he didn’t seem to have D1 speed? Could def be wrong though. Also, I couldn’t find any other offers besides WIU either.

leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 am
Kid can definitely catch the ball, and seems like a good possession WR. But, maybe it was just me he didn’t seem to have D1 speed? Could def be wrong though. Also, I couldn’t find any other offers besides WIU either.

Being a PWO he probably didn’t have any offers but is being brought in to more of a practice player.
WIU2DC

WIU2DC wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:55 am

Being a PWO he probably didn’t have any offers but is being brought in to more of a practice player.
Makes more sense now. I didn’t see the PWO.

WIU2DC

Clayton Scott who is a JUCO signee from this past class has been put into the transfer portal. I scrolled around a little and didn’t see it mentioned. Is it something to worry about with kids transferring out this early to a new season starting?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:Clayton Scott who is a JUCO signee from this past class has been put into the transfer portal. I scrolled around a little and didn’t see it mentioned. Is it something to worry about with kids transferring out this early to a new season starting?

Normal for a normal year? Not really.
Normal for this year? Probably.

With no spring practice and no summer practices yet, things are going to be a bit wonky. Kids leaving now might have been the group that usually leaves after spring practice if it looks like they'll be lower on the depth chart than they wanted to be or things just didn't work out for whatever reason.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000