Starting QB 2019

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:38 am The line has not played well and the running game doesn't exist, so been pretty tough for Sampson. With that said, I think he's underwhelmed and even if he's healthy, we need to let Johnson roll and see what he can do. Unless there's a miracle and we somehow win 4 straight games, I think we need to get Ferrauilo a large number of snaps in the final 4 as well.
With an o-line that's struggled to give the QB time to throw, I think a QB that can scramble a bit is a better option. From what I saw Saturday, Johnson is much better at moving around outside the pocket and eluding defenders. Sampson might be great at sitting there and making great throws...if he has time...but he hasn't, and it doesn't look like the O-Line is going to be giving him that time this year. He's not the most mobile QB, plus if he's not 100% with his ankle, it won't be any better. Add to that the fact that now we'll be facing MVFC defenses, who, for the most part, are a lot tougher to stop than teams like North Alabama or Tennessee Tech.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

rocki wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:57 pm
meganeck wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:25 pm Not mention at all about Sampson's injury on the Coaches show. Danny didn't ask anything about Sampson.Once again pretty much nothing informative from the coaches show.
Danny did mention that Sampson came out on crutches after halftime, but that's about it.

I was disappointed at how much Coach Elliot seemed to downplay KJ's efforts. Apparently he's so sold on Sampson he can't see the forest for the trees.
Yeah Coach Elliott really seems to be in love with Sampson, he has really talked him up on previous coaches shows. Praising his leadership, etc and how the players look up to him.
Neckfan

Both qbs have strengths. Johnson has better feet and sampson a better arm. Whoever starts they could play both but we are desperate to pick up a win. The defense really needs to pick it up. They looked lost against tech. If what your doing doesnt work try something else.