2019 Week 1 - Western Illinois at North Alabama (8/29/19)

sealhall74

Wiu1990Neck wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:49 am Western is chartering to Colorado State, Youngstown and NDSU this year. I think 4 charters was out of the question, thus the bus trip to Florence.
If it was up to me, I probably would have flown to Florence instead of Fargo. An hour longer to Fargo but the chances to pull off the W much higher down south..
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:09 am
Wiu1990Neck wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:49 am Western is chartering to Colorado State, Youngstown and NDSU this year. I think 4 charters was out of the question, thus the bus trip to Florence.
If it was up to me, I probably would have flown to Florence instead of Fargo. An hour longer to Fargo but the chances to pull off the W much higher down south.. That loss to UNA will have far more to do with our playoff chances than a loss to the Bison.
Embrace the pace of the race.
BobLovely

BobLovely wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:34 pm I am going to be conservative with my prediction. This team is unknown to us and it is a road game:

Western Illinois 31
North Alabama 22

Bob
I knew I needed to be conservative with my prediction but I never anticipated a "dumpster fire."

Bob
WIU2DC

BobLovely wrote:
BobLovely wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:34 pm I am going to be conservative with my prediction. This team is unknown to us and it is a road game:

Western Illinois 31
North Alabama 22

Bob
I knew I needed to be conservative with my prediction but I never anticipated a "dumpster fire."

Bob
You were almost spot on, just reverse the two teams. Haha. I am not ready for “dumpster” fire status yet... Montana handler UsD yesterday and we can see how UNA does against Montana to gauge how good UNA is or how bad we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
meganeck

Saw A tweet from a sports writer that covers UNA, he said before the game (during the week before) he reached out to WIU to get an interview with Elliott and maybe a player and he said he was turned down. Not sure the reason, I can see not making a player available, but not sure why Elliott wouldn't talk to him. Maybe this is common practice I don't know, just seems odd.
BigTomE6969

Leatherneck177 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:25 am Max Norris? John Brunner? Where were they?
wiu712 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 pm North Alabama won the game 26-17.

North Alabama had 412 total yards (290 passing).

Western had 302 total yards (183 passing and 119 rushing).

Connor Sampson had 18 completions out of 30 attempts.

Attendance at North Alabama = 10,567.
I didn't even realize they weren't going to play till we were watching on ESPN+ and we didn't see them. We're headed up to Ft Collins for this weekends game. Hope these two play! We need them!
Western_101

I assume a previous poster was implying "chartering" means the simple word "flying".

I associated the term chartering with "coach" as in bus.

Chartering a flight, chartering a coach....little nuances but A HUGE difference in meaning.

Are we flying or driving.

I'm Chartering over to Fort Collins has Zero meaning other than indicating that one is paying money.
leatherneckcountry

RedNeck wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:40 am I assume a previous poster was implying "chartering" means the simple word "flying".

Chartering a flight, chartering a coach....little nuances but A HUGE difference in meaning.

I'm Chartering over to Fort Collins has Zero meaning other than indicating that one is paying money.
Yeah I’ve only ever heard of Chartering meaning taking a bus.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:06 am
RedNeck wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:40 am I assume a previous poster was implying "chartering" means the simple word "flying".

Yeah I’ve only ever heard of Chartering meaning taking a bus.
I've heard both (chartering a flight, chartering a bus), but there is room for "interpretation" with the statement. I assume, based on how it was said, that it means the team is chartering a flight to those few locations.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000