2020 Roster Changes

WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
letsgonecks wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:09 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:23 pm WR John Brunner is no longer on the roster. He joined us in 2018 as a Junior (JUCO transfer from Butler CC). Last year he redshirted due to injury. He was supposed to be a senior and probably one of our top WR's this year, but with the current situation, he must have decided to either try his final year elsewhere, or it's possible he's finished his degree and is just looking to move on with his life.
I was looking forward to having him, Houston and Tate all healthy and on the field at the same time. Best of luck to him.
Ya, JB was a legit D1 WR. Best of luck to him! There are several other SRs that will make the decision to move on to the next Chapters of their lives. Sad that thye didn't get a SR day, but maybe we will have something this Spring and be able to honor them.
I’ve done some legit googling on him and can’t find anything about where he went to! His Twitter is also deleted, and on google he had a few articles about his NFL dreams/chances. Just wanna know where he lands so I can watch him play. I think we would have won a game or two last season with him on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:00 am
GV Dad wrote:
letsgonecks wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:09 pm

I was looking forward to having him, Houston and Tate all healthy and on the field at the same time. Best of luck to him.
Ya, JB was a legit D1 WR. Best of luck to him! There are several other SRs that will make the decision to move on to the next Chapters of their lives. Sad that thye didn't get a SR day, but maybe we will have something this Spring and be able to honor them.
I’ve done some legit googling on him and can’t find anything about where he went to! His Twitter is also deleted, and on google he had a few articles about his NFL dreams/chances. Just wanna know where he lands so I can watch him play. I think we would have won a game or two last season with him on the field.

Sounds like he's looking to transfer.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Idk if it means anything, but Brunner has been added back onto the roster.

Junior DB Tyquan Coleman and Junior DL Fabian Harris are no longer on the roster.
As near as I can tell, neither of them saw the field for us.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WR Draysean Hudson transferring to Western for his final year of eligibility. Originally from Berkely, CA, played 2016 and 2017 at Sierra College (CA Juco), 2018 and 2019 at McNeese State. Played in 2 games in 2018 (I think that counts as his "red shirt" now that you can play in up to 4 games in a season without burning the red shirt that year). Played in all 12 games in 2019, averaging just under 2 catches and just over 18 years per game.

leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

My immediate reaction to this cannot be expressed in polite society.
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:03 pm
letsgonecks

My hope is he just viewed his touches would be limited this year and so did the staff, so best he went elsewhere.

Hoping the offense is much more explosive and pushes the ball down field, going single back and 3/4 wide for most formations. The new additions at WR and the return of Tate, Brunner and Houston makes me believe that is possible.

Throw in JaTarvious at back and a potentially more mobile QB in Ogala and we could have something special. No idea of Ogala will be starting, but with Carter leaving that makes me think he knew his chances to play were slim next year. I'm ok with Sampson and these weapons as well, but he looked shook and slow anytime pleasure came. Maybe it was the lack of protection and weapons, but guess we'll see.

Who knows, maybe Clint won't leave, but if he does, I hope he finds a winner and a place to maximize his talents.
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:My immediate reaction to this cannot be expressed in polite society.
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:03 pm
Ouch. I know we have that transfer but wow Clint stuck it out with us. I hope he finds a suitable program for his talents. Selfishly I hope he stays.

GV Dad

This one makes no sense. I wish him well, Clint's a great young man. What a horrible time to be in the Transfer Portal. With the free year, rosters are overflowing.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:This one makes no sense. I wish him well, Clint's a great young man. What a horrible time to be in the Transfer Portal. With the free year, rosters are overflowing.
Great point, maybe he is testing the water just to see? Didn’t Brauner do this and he’s back on our roster?