Football Recruits - 2021

leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:27 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:
Necks2003 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:13 am Hopefully we can find a QB that doesn't have to stare down the primary receiver on every throw. That has to be one of the biggest QB deficiencies we have had ever since Norvell was no longer the starter. If we can't get a competitive QB for fall, this offense will continue to struggle and go consistently 3 and out like that have for the past 4 seasons. Coaches jobs should feel like they are on the line. Hopefully some drastic improvements are in process.
Yeah I was pretty surprised to see Sampson 2nd team all conference.
It’s only because he throws the ball 40 times a game and he gets yards. However, I think we’d all rather wins than 500 yard passing games. If Missouri state and SIU can make themselves competitive we def should be able to get back to 5 years ago then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of drives me crazy that but SD schools have QB's starting as freshman who are from Illinois and SDSU QB is a beast.
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote: Yeah I was pretty surprised to see Sampson 2nd team all conference.
It’s only because he throws the ball 40 times a game and he gets yards. However, I think we’d all rather wins than 500 yard passing games. If Missouri state and SIU can make themselves competitive we def should be able to get back to 5 years ago then.

Kind of drives me crazy that but SD schools have QB's starting as freshman who are from Illinois and SDSU QB is a beast.
Yep. SDSU QB is a stud and he’s a true freshman... SDSU also has two other really good QBs but they got hurt.

letsgonecks

WIU2DC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Yep. SDSU QB is a stud and he’s a true freshman... SDSU also has two other really good QBs but they got hurt.

Hurts not having a run game as it takes away any advantage of play action. Not sure Connor would find that seam route anyways, unless it was his first read. I'm sure confidence in protection affected his decisions and not having a run game hurts, but just don't see much about his game that makes me feel confident. By the way, felt the line improved in protection throughout the year, but still didn't give him much time.

Time in the pocket leads to my next knock on Connor as he never looks comfortable throwing when he's forced to move his feet. Not just the knock on moving outside the pocket and extending the plays, but even when he's forced to step-up or move laterally, the throws aren't good. Some throws just missed and some completed, but accuracy limited the potential for bigger plays. Don't get me wrong, he made some plays and threw some good balls, but going to happen when you throw 46 times a game. Just no consistency.

Sucks watching all these other Spring games and seeing QB's extended plays and find those other options for the big plays. Makes me wonder why we can't get those guys or if we're just not taking those chance.

Maybe we get a running game next year and even give Connor a little more time. Maybe he starts making plays moving in and out of the pocket. Maybe there's another QB on the roster that will be given a chance. Sadly, I'm not sure any of these maybe's will become reality and we'll struggle to get points. Trying pessimism this go round as the future season optimism has been bighting me in the ass!!!!
WIU2DC

I will preface I don’t really follow the camps and know how they work.... however we are the only school not on it.

WIU2DC

Looks like QB Bruno played with him in High School.

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:45 pm

I will preface I don’t really follow the camps and know how they work.... however we are the only school not on it.

It’s still a month away, we’ll likely have someone there. They like the big camps. I haven’t seen the date for the Mega Camp at Lindenwood or the Chicagoland Camp that Northwestern puts on. Maybe they are the same day? IDK
WIU2DC

OL transfer from U of Rhode Island but originally from Germany. Doesn’t seem to have gotten many D1 offers after his transfer from Rhode Island.

letsgonecks

WIU2DC wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:32 pm

OL transfer from U of Rhode Island but originally from Germany. Doesn’t seem to have gotten many D1 offers after his transfer from Rhode Island.

Blocked for Choquette at Clearwater Academy.
GV Dad

Got some more info on the Transfer WR from Marshall. Kid is a rocket! 4.4 40 laser has some sub 4.4 runs hand held. Comes from a good family in Suburban LA. May have a steal with this kid.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Got some more info on the Transfer WR from Marshall. Kid is a rocket! 4.4 40 laser has some sub 4.4 runs hand held. Comes from a good family in Suburban LA. May have a steal with this kid.
How many years of eligibility?!