Spring 2021 - Week 5 - at Illinois State

rocki

This is really depressing for those of us who remember Western's excellent football teams.
letsgonecks

Teams destroy us all day on counters.
sealhall74

We dodged a bullet there. 2 guys wide open in endzone and QB misses.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Elliot or Rocco you suck. That 2 yard underneath on 3rd and long doesn't work, hasn't worked and they know it's coming.

Stop f'ing running it.

If that play that hasn't worked all year and Sampson are the best option on offense, we might as well get rid of Football at WIU.
WIU2DC

We need a new coaching staff. We are now the new Misery State in the MVFC. I feel bad for the kids, their coach has no clue what he’s doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

Our QB isn’t good enough to drop balls like that.....

sealhall74

nothng like dropping a finger tip catch when you could use more than your fingers.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Sampson actually make the right plays and we get 2 drops. Very fitting.
rocki

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:11 pm We need a new coaching staff. We are now the new Misery State in the MVFC. I feel bad for the kids, their coach has no clue what he’s doing.

I think we've been patient enough. Clean house.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:11 pm We need a new coaching staff. We are now the new Misery State in the MVFC. I feel bad for the kids, their coach has no clue what he’s doing.

Here's the problem...if we let the coaching staff go after this spring season, then we're looking at hiring a HC in the late spring/early summer, which is not really the ideal time to be looking for a coach in terms of the talent pool out there looking for jobs. Then, you have the whole season schedule being thrown off in terms of recruiting, summer practices and stuff.

The question is, is it better to:
1. stick with the current staff until the end of the fall season, then get someone hired during the usual timeframe when coaches are moving around to different jobs
or
2. go ahead and try to hire someone new after this spring season, hope you can find a good candidate (and that they can hire a decent staff), and treat this fall as a "lost season"

I don't know what the right answer is. I also feel badly for the players. I'm sure a lot of them are working hard, trying their hardest to make something happen, but right now we're just being outmatched/outcoached.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000