Spring 2021 - Week 7 vs Youngstown State

sealhall74

That was a nice misdirection play on their part.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Coach Elliott, you really thought you'd ice the kicker on a chip shot in the middle of the field, with the lead and only halftime?

I was not surprised they came out with the offense. They obviously have a play they like in that spot and a little extra time to make the decision.

By the way, almost the same play we tried and their qb took an extra beat the ensure the play would be complete. Yeah their D knocked ours down, but an extra beat and he hits Tate for an easy TD. Instead we get 0 and they get 7 instead of 3.

YSU is not good. Are we just that under prepared/coached or untalented? I feel like we have pieces, but terrible at execution.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:35 pm That was a nice misdirection play on their part.
As I said, basically the same exact play we ran, but they executed.

Just saw the replay and they didn't bring the motion guys back the other way, like we tried with Tate.

Was a nice play, wish we could do it.

P.S. Again, not a facemask on Watts. Not to say we wouldn't have choked on 3rd down and ended up giving up points, but potentially dirrernt outcome.
Last edited by letsgonecks on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

Lack of execution boils down to either not enough reps or going up against a too soft scout team that does not make you work your butt off.
letsgonecks

Wonder if they were checking if he called for a fair catch. We seem to always call for them, even with room.

I get safety is important, but confused by the number of returnable kicks and punts that are fair caught.
sealhall74

Dumb play call. Dumber penalty.
GV Dad

We are not a smart football team right now. 🙁
letsgonecks

Carson should be benched for that stupid shit, but we don't have anyone else.
letsgonecks

Houston visibly upset with Sampson on the 2nd down play. Had a huge whole on the D, but Connor panics and checks down the back in the flats.

Then misses badly on 3rd.
letsgonecks

Nice pass and catch on the 2pt.