Offensive Line play

GV Dad

I have been really impressed with how our OL has progressed from where we were game 1 to now. Connor looked like he was finally starting to trust his protection last weekend. Stayed in the pocket and let some routes develop, where before he was either getting rid of the ball quick or escaping the rush. They also started opening some holes for Ludo, who looked healthy for the first time since game 1. We have 3 Freshman that have started on the OL, Coach Patterson has done a good job working with these kids, kudos to him!
letsgonecks

I completely agree and have felt they've improved every week. If they played like they're playing now in week 1, we'd have another victory.

If they can all stay healthy and all return for the fall, I think we'll be a much better team out the gates. Should get Malkow back, so more depth with starting experience.

Lets hope they keep it going the next 2 weeks and we add 2 more W's.
GV Dad

Absolutely! Adding Brandon back in the mix will make for some good competition. Should have 4 quality players competing for the 3 Interior spots and at least 3 maybe 4 competing for OT spots.
Neckfansince71

It is really going to be interesting to evaluate where the Necks are at the end of the "spring" season. I like Coach Elliot's comment about seeing the season to the end. ISURed obviously was not getting much out of these games and ISUBlue never even got started, opting out. I also liked the line play against YSU and there is no way we could have been this far along on the line without true reps against a real opponent. I don't like the penalties for bush-unsportsmanlike penalties that seem to pop up at bad times. I would punish that with direct communication with not only the player but also a reminder for the team. But I liked the obvious enthusiasm that spewed out after the win on Saturday. Hey, keep track of NA, our long snapper #20. I met him subbing at his high school 2 years ago. We both were sporting Leatherneck apparel and he is a class class young man. ;) jc
GV Dad

Neckfansince71 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:13 pm Hey, keep track of NA, our long snapper #20. I met him subbing at his high school 2 years ago. We both were sporting Leatherneck apparel and he is a class class young man. ;) jc
Nick is my son's roommate! And yes, he is a great young man! And has been snapping and covering extremely well.
xman

Yes, agreed. I think we are looking good at 0-line moving forward, but obviously I'm partial to the lineman... 8-)