Game Over

WIU2DC

Just like when ISUr did it, I think it sends a bad message to kids and giving up on a season where there are no playoff chances. I get it they have injuries but there is always injuries. I personally don’t like this decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
letsgonecks

WIU2DC wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:58 pm Just like when ISUr did it, I think it sends a bad message to kids and giving up on a season where there are no playoff chances. I get it they have injuries but there is always injuries. I personally don’t like this decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish they were playing still and get your feeling that feels like giving up, but they're getting really thin on the lines and 2 more games could cause more injuries and effect the very short turnaround fall season.

Yeah, maybe they keep playing if fighting for a playoff spot, but maybe not.

Is Ross OK after leaving the game injured? Is Muetterties injured as he missed the last game. We started the season short on OL bodies with both tackles transferring and Marlow opting out or injured.

We've had some DL enter the portal in season and a bunch appear in a game or 2 and not even dressing, so assuming they opted out.

Under normal circumstances, I don't think some of the transfers happen and the opt outs wouldn't be happening. That would make the injuries so far less of an issue.
leatherneckcountry

I will never agree with the decision I thought we would play this weekend and figured the USD game would get canceled
GV Dad

We were down to 6 "healthy" OL. I don't like the decision either, but I can definitely understand it.
rocki

Have to admit it's disappointing, but on the other hand I wondered how much longer the season would last. There have been enough games cancelled for Covid protocol that I wasn't banking on playing the last two games anyway. SIU possibly, but figured USD would be cancelled. So, realistically, with one game left and the number of healthy players thinning, it does make sense. I do think the schedule we did play has helped a lot in getting some game experience for the younger players, and that can't be discounted.
Necks2003

I get it overall....but just another example of how "soft" Elliott is. Add in a bit more adversity and he simply quits. I don't think anyone could see any improvement in the defense or offense this Spring, maybe a QB and the transfers can turn this team around quick for the Fall.

Good luck and thank you to the Seniors that graduate and move on to their next endeavors!
GV Dad

Necks2003 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:33 am I get it overall....but just another example of how "soft" Elliott is. Add in a bit more adversity and he simply quits. I don't think anyone could see any improvement in the defense or offense this Spring, maybe a QB and the transfers can turn this team around quick for the Fall.

You seem to have already formed your opinion of Coach Elliott, and it seems to be clouding your perception. You really can't see any improvement from week one to last week? I don't think anyone is satisfied with the results, but to say you couldn't see any improvement in the Defense or the Offense over the Spring is just an incorrect statement.
sealhall74

I slept on it and took my morning walk. I can see clearly now. I don't like this one bit. If the OLine is banged up, do some more blocking with the HBacks and/or tightends. Put in 2 RBs for extra protection and running options. Our offense is pure vanilla right now. Give me some good ol' Van-Choc-Straw.

If we simply had too many guys in the covid protocol, I could see it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Hey, just under 5 months until our next game. Not too bad, so lets just hope we don't see too many people transfer and those who opted out are 100% on board for the fall.

This year was a cluster F and though I was very irritated by their play and coaching at times, I'm glad we actually got some football. Something to build off of.

Honestly, they did a lot of important things poorly most of the time (3rd downs, red zone, penalties, tackling, rushing, deep throws), but were basically within striking distance in all but one game. I know the conference was down overall and should improve as well in the fall, but just slight improvements in those fazes should drastically improve this team.

They did some good things as well, but coaches need to get these kids better prepared the next 5 months.