Game Over

leatherneckcountry

It was mentioned over on USD board that we waited to cancel when all our home games are over. We only played 2 road games and one of those was ISU. Plus no one believed the 1st game at USD was canceled because of the Virus. It's sounds like the athletic department was just trying to save some money.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am It was mentioned over on USD board that we waited to cancel when all our home games are over. We only played 2 road games and one of those was ISU. Plus no one believed the 1st game at USD was canceled because of the Virus. It's sounds like the athletic department was just trying to save some money.
Except I don't see any benefit to playing at home vs on the road other than travel (in terms of $$$). It's not like we were selling tickets or bringing a bunch of fans to town to support the local economy or anything.

Also, Sean McGuire has chimed in...

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:It was mentioned over on USD board that we waited to cancel when all our home games are over. We only played 2 road games and one of those was ISU. Plus no one believed the 1st game at USD was canceled because of the Virus. It's sounds like the athletic department was just trying to save some money.
If that is true..... we need out of the MVFC tomorrow so we can cut costs to a more regional areas... I hope it wasn’t based on our funding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
letsgonecks

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:30 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:It was mentioned over on USD board that we waited to cancel when all our home games are over. We only played 2 road games and one of those was ISU. Plus no one believed the 1st game at USD was canceled because of the Virus. It's sounds like the athletic department was just trying to save some money.
If that is true..... we need out of the MVFC tomorrow so we can cut costs to a more regional areas... I hope it wasn’t based on our funding

Not sure I'd get my information from another school's message board. Hell, we know very little about the ongoings of our program on this board.

I can't say with 100% confidence this didn't happen, but no f'ing way you can believe something posted by some dude on another teams message board.

Unless someone credible comes out with info on our teams week 1 Covid results or proof we canceled because of funding, there is no reason to even discuss the matter.

Plus, I read on 8chan most of the users over there are part of the deep state cabal....jokes!!!
WIU2DC

letsgonecks wrote:

Not sure I'd get my information from another school's message board. Hell, we know very little about the ongoings of our program on this board.

I can't say with 100% confidence this didn't happen, but no f'ing way you can believe something posted by some dude on another teams message board.

Unless someone credible comes out with info on our teams week 1 Covid results or proof we canceled because of funding, there is no reason to even discuss the matter.

Plus, I read on 8chan most of the users over there are part of the deep state cabal....jokes!!!
Hahahahaha, love the cabal reference. I know that we can’t believe it but I know WIU doesn’t have a huge pocket book lol

leatherneckcountry

letsgonecks wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:08 pm

It's being mentioned several places including coming from several of our own fans.
letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 pm

It's being mentioned several places including coming from several of our own fans.
Yeah, money has been an issue at WIU for years and that is why I couldn't say 100%, its not true. Still our fans or other teams fans can speculate all they want, but that doesn't mean shit.

Was this said about ISUr and ISUb? How about all these other teams getting games cancelled for Covid.
leatherneckcountry

letsgonecks wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:26 pm

Yeah, money has been an issue at WIU for years and that is why I couldn't say 100%, its not true. Still our fans or other teams fans can speculate all they want, but that doesn't mean shit.

Was this said about ISUr and ISUb? How about all these other teams getting games cancelled for Covid.
I personally think there are several reason we opted out some of which none of us will ever know. Do we opt out if were 5-1 no. I'm suprised YSU hasn't opted out cause there 1-5 as well. I don't like the decision but it doesn't matter what i think cause there not going to change things because of what everyone else thinks.
letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:43 pm
letsgonecks wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:26 pm

I personally think there are several reason we opted out some of which none of us will ever know. Do we opt out if were 5-1 no. I'm suprised YSU hasn't opted out cause there 1-5 as well. I don't like the decision but it doesn't matter what i think cause there not going to change things because of what everyone else thinks.
Yeah, I'm not sure we opt out at 5-1 either, even with the depleted lines. Man I wish we were good enough this year to be 5-1 and find out!!!
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:42 amThen you add in our radio guys having to announce what they are seeing (or trying to see) from inside Horrabin Hall or wherever they are, the situation can still be entertaining and even comical at times.
Why were they broadcasting the game from Horrabin ???? The WIUS-FM radio guy (Kevin Dieppa) was doing the game from Hanson Field.

Leatherneck Football makes the decision to opt out of the remainder of the spring season.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/story/sp ... 113509002/