Fall 2021 Season

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:05 pm What are outdoor sporting event attendance guidelines right now for Illinois? I know here in Kansas City everything is pretty much back to normal. Hoping we can be at full attendance and tailgating in Macomb this Fall! I miss the Q lot.
Update to a few things. The university has released it's Phase 5 guidelines that start as of Monday, June 14: http://www.wiu.edu/vpas/risk_management ... se%205.pdf

The parts that are relevant to football in the fall:
Outdoor spaces
• Face coverings are optional for individuals who are fully vaccinated.
• Face coverings are optional for individuals who are not fully vaccinated if proper social
distancing can be/is maintained.
• The use of face coverings should not be interpreted as vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated
Gathering Guidelines
Spectator Events (ticketed & seated). . . . 75% capacity
So what that sounds like to me is that as of Monday, Hanson Field would be able to have a crowd of up to 12,276 (75% of the 16,368 listed "capacity"). Considering our attendance over the last decade, I doubt that will be any sort of problem. It's possible that could change again between now and the start of football season, depending on if cases continue to decrease and the university relaxes restrictions even further, or if a variant takes hold and we have to tighten things back up again.

But for now, it looks like we're heading in the right direction for essentially "business as usual" for football games.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Three games have kickoff times. Ball State 7pm EST Youngstown St 6pm EST Indiana State 1pm EST
letsgonecks

When do the guys report for camp? I know some are already on campus, but wasn't sure when move-in was and the start of camp.

Any team news or updates out there? Someone has to be holding back as there's been too little info. SPILL THE BEANS......I NEED MY WIU FOOTBALL FIX.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:35 am When do the guys report for camp? I know some are already on campus, but wasn't sure when move-in was and the start of camp.

Any team news or updates out there? Someone has to be holding back as there's been too little info. SPILL THE BEANS......I NEED MY WIU FOOTBALL FIX.
This was just posted a few minutes ago on twitter:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Less than 40 days to kickoff!!
WIU2DC

Whitlow is still in the student directory and roster. How quickly do they update those or is he testing the transfer portal only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:12 pm Whitlow is still in the student directory and roster. How quickly do they update those or is he testing the transfer portal only?

The 2021 Roster will be published after Fall Camp starts I'm guessing. No idea about the student directory, but it doesn't matter. Whitlow is done.
WIU2DC

sealhall74

No surprise.

Have to earn it on the field.

BTW, did Rodney ever come to Macomb? Best I could come up with was a visit to Bradley U in early 80s.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

You could probably put the bottom 6 in any order and it would be a good guess. Not sold on UNI either.