2021 Roster Changes

GV Dad

It looks like we have a new CB Coach, Bo Flowers. Hasn't been an announcement that I have seen, but he lists it on his twitter, and formed CB Coach Jacques Washington has Broken Arrow HS now on his twitter. @Coach_Flow for those on twitter.
letsgonecks

GV Dad wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:58 am It looks like we have a new CB Coach, Bo Flowers. Hasn't been an announcement that I have seen, but he lists it on his twitter, and formed CB Coach Jacques Washington has Broken Arrow HS now on his twitter. @Coach_Flow for those on twitter.
Mr. Flowers should be familiar with WIU. He's 1-1 against us as a player. Had 2 tackles in a 2007, 21-0 win with the Illini and 7 tackles in a 2010 start in Macomb with Illinois State. Crazy to think he faced a freshman Barr in 2007 who threw for 71 yards and a pick and then as a senior where he threw for 452 yards, 6 TD's and 0 picks. His long was a 74 yard TD to Crump and earlier had a 70 yard TD to Senatus.

Another cool fact about Flowers is that he was a 5th round pick of the Detroit Tigers and played 5 years in the minors (one was Independent league) before moving on to football at Illinois.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:04 am Whitlow is gone. Didn’t like going to class. Same issue at Auburn.
Officially entered the portal:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:04 am Whitlow is gone. Didn’t like going to class. Same issue at Auburn.
Officially entered the portal:

I mean, if he couldn’t make the grades at WIU… how is he gonna play anywhere else? Also, what program would take a chance wasting a scholarship on him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neckfansince71

[/I mean, if he couldn’t make the grades at WIU… how is he gonna play anywhere else? Also, what program would take a chance wasting a scholarship on him? quote]

Would you like to explain your statement above to me? ;) jc
letsgonecks

Roster has updated. Take a look.
WIU2DC

letsgonecks wrote:Roster has updated. Take a look.
Looks like they haven’t put in everyone’s photo or their back story yet. But, are there any surprises that we didn’t know that was coming?

4EverPurple&Gold

Lot of new faces I see. Is there a media day soon of some sort?
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 am
Looks like they haven’t put in everyone’s photo or their back story yet. But, are there any surprises that we didn’t know that was coming?

A couple DB transfer surprises. We have about 50mon the roster, we should be able to find at least 6that can be playmakers.
letsgonecks

GV Dad wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:38 am
WIU2DC wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 am

A couple DB transfer surprises. We have about 50mon the roster, we should be able to find at least 6that can be playmakers.
In theory, yes, but concern is that each player gets enough time to prove themselves and the coaches have enough time to evaluate and find the best fits. Like when you go to a restaurant and the menu is huge and there's not enough time to find the best item.