2021 Roster Changes

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Not exactly a "roster change" in the traditional sense, but it's something that is absolutely worth mentioning...Friday (5/28) will be Justin Fitzpatrick's last day with the WIU football program.
Justin has been, the last few years, a graduate assistant with the football team and the Director of Football Operations & Creative Solutions, and is an incredibly talented young man that has succeeded in many different areas.

For those of you who may not remember, he was an outstanding DB with the team from 2015-2018, playing in 43 games, picking up 149 tackles, 7 interceptions, and 3 forced fumbles in his time. He was named Second-Team All-MVFC and Second Team Academic All-MVFC in both 2017 and 2018. He was also an outfielder on the baseball team from 2016 to 2019, playing in a total of 118 games (starting 74) and with a career .186 batting average.

In addition to that, he won a NATAS (National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences) Mid-America Student Production Award for his video production, "More Than a Number - Sam Pryor's Story" about Leatherneck Women's Basketball player Sam Pryor.

As Director of Football Operations & Creative Solutions, Justin was the man behind many of the graphics that were used online, in social media, as well as video productions. He will be greatly missed by the athletics department and the Macomb community as a whole.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Justin has done a fantastic job with the football program. Wishing him all the best and continued success in his future endeavors. Leatherneck Nation thanks you for everything, Justin!!!!
WIU2DC

Yeah, he’s great man and sad to see him move on. Does anyone know where he’s going to next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:23 pm Yeah, he’s great man and sad to see him move on. Does anyone know where he’s going to next?

Not surprisingly, it didn't take him long to find a job. He'll be the Assistant Director of Creative Content at West Virginia University.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Freshman CB Braylon Brooks is pulling his name from the Portal and returning to WIU. I guess that’s good news. Hopefully the kid wants to be here, and just didn’t have better options. He made some good plays this Spring.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Freshman CB Braylon Brooks is pulling his name from the Portal and returning to WIU. I guess that’s good news. Hopefully the kid wants to be here, and just didn’t have better options. He made some good plays this Spring.
So, I’m excited about that. He seems like great talent for a freshman so hopefully he only gets better. He was Texas player of the year in HS. That in itself is pretty impressive from any state, let alone Texas. Isn’t it God, American, and then football down there? Lol

Also, hopes that shows him to stick with us because the coaches could have pulled his offer when he entered the portal. By word if the Auburn RB has gotten his grades up?

GV Dad

I have heard zero about Whitlow. I guess we'll know what's up when they publish the 2021 Roster. Which I wish they would do soon!
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:I have heard zero about Whitlow. I guess we'll know what's up when they publish the 2021 Roster. Which I wish they would do soon!
Has to be soon. Summer camp must start in a few weeks, right?

Leatherneck57

Whitlow is gone. Didn’t like going to class. Same issue at Auburn.
WIU2DC

Leatherneck57 wrote:Whitlow is gone. Didn’t like going to class. Same issue at Auburn.
Such a shame. Too bad, would have loved to see him on the field but more importantly a college degree is too important these days not to get one. Especially, when it’s paid for by the school.