vs Calvary University, at SIUE, at Iowa State, vs IUPUI

wiu2017

meganeck wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 pm
vatusay wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:41 pm Here is the tweet.

Cautiously optimistic for the season. Will have to make the next home game. Every road win is a good win.
You take that as a shot at Covington?

Well there was an article that headlined Duff takes the reins".. And he is the only senior..
This team spreads the ball around., which makes Ancrums 34 even more impressive.. Cov had to shoot almost every possesion it seemed... to get 34, and it was usually a loss. So yes and no.
Neckfansince71

Not a shot at anyone, just a sound basketball "philosophy" when you want to compete at this level. IMO ;) jc
leatherneckcountry

last night just proved to me more why we need to be in the OVC I haven't been to a mens game that was that intense since CC and Parks senior year there fans need to learn some respect I understand cheers for your team and when you are a college kid getting on other teams players but when you are 40 years old sitting behind the visitors bench talking crap the whole game wonder why there were 4 guys sitting there with no wives 3 of them where complete jerks and the other guy didn't really say anything.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:44 am last night just proved to me more why we need to be in the OVC I haven't been to a mens game that was that intense since CC and Parks senior year there fans need to learn some respect I understand cheers for your team and when you are a college kid getting on other teams players but when you are 40 years old sitting behind the visitors bench talking crap the whole game wonder why there were 4 guys sitting there with no wives 3 of them where complete jerks and the other guy didn't really say anything.
I saw them guys. I could tell they were sitting there for a purpose.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:44 am last night just proved to me more why we need to be in the OVC I haven't been to a mens game that was that intense since CC and Parks senior year there fans need to learn some respect I understand cheers for your team and when you are a college kid getting on other teams players but when you are 40 years old sitting behind the visitors bench talking crap the whole game wonder why there were 4 guys sitting there with no wives 3 of them where complete jerks and the other guy didn't really say anything.
Hopefully Ancrum was able to give them guys a nice stare down as he walked off the court. That should shut them up.

SIU fans are always the most disrespectful. It doesnt matter which campus they are at.
leatherneckcountry

The biggest difference between the half’s was we took care of the ball in the second 12 to’s in the 1st compaired to 4 in the second we got to cut down on the drives to the basket most of Brandon fouls come when comes over to protect the basket I thought are perimeter defense was ok #3 took some steph curry shots when he wasn’t opened and hit them just got to give him credit for that actually one of the most open looks he had was that last shot
beauspencer

last night just proved to me more why we need to be in the OVC I haven't been to a mens game that was that intense since CC and Parks senior year there fans need to learn some respect I understand cheers for your team and when you are a college kid getting on other teams players but when you are 40 years old sitting behind the visitors bench talking crap the whole game wonder why there were 4 guys sitting there with no wives 3 of them where complete jerks and the other guy didn't really say anything.
Reminds me of a funny story from a game at South Dakota State during the Ceola/Terell years. Directly behind WIU's bench some guys kept trash talking the WIU bench. The main target was Coach Mo. Coach Mo was wearing a pretty ugly jacket, something he would have found at Herb Tarlek's yard sale. These guys were yelling about Coach Mo's jacket all game long, while complementing Billy Wright's style.

Fast forward to our postgame dinner at the hotel. At the end of the meal there were just a couple players, assistant coaches, some members of the staff, and I remaining. One of the staff members was telling the coaches about the guy(s) giving Mo a hard time at the same time complementing Billy's style. Of course, during the middle of the story Coach Mo comes walking back into the room and yells out, "Coach Mo what? Coach Mo what?" It was in a joking manner, not hostile at all, and so very funny.
sealhall74

I will be seeing Miles, Mo, and Co. tonight in Orlando. They lost to UCF last night and not a great start to their season. The bench seats might just be a little warmer than they would prefer. Most of the talk from Husker Nation is about former Husker Scott Frost and his UCF football team which has a chance to go undefeated today here in Orlando.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2017

beauspencer wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 pm
Reminds me of a funny story from a game at South Dakota State during the Ceola/Terell years. Directly behind WIU's bench some guys kept trash talking the WIU bench. The main target was Coach Mo. Coach Mo was wearing a pretty ugly jacket, something he would have found at Herb Tarlek's yard sale. These guys were yelling about Coach Mo's jacket all game long, while complementing Billy Wright's style.

Fast forward to our postgame dinner at the hotel. At the end of the meal there were just a couple players, assistant coaches, some members of the staff, and I remaining. One of the staff members was telling the coaches about the guy(s) giving Mo a hard time at the same time complementing Billy's style. Of course, during the middle of the story Coach Mo comes walking back into the room and yells out, "Coach Mo what? Coach Mo what?" It was in a joking manner, not hostile at all, and so very funny.
And fyi..
Ancrum was only player on this team recruited by Coach Mo.. Thanks Coach Mo.. and good job Coach Wright keeping him .. Lets see if Iowa St can guard him. If they do watch him get career high asists .. and Gilbeck go off..
Neckfansince71

I have always been of the opinion that great players have the ability to elevate the game of other players on their team. I really don't think that happened much last year. Its the basic difference between selfish and selfless as far as I am concerned. Am I calling GC out, you betcha!! ;) jc