vs Calvary University, at SIUE, at Iowa State, vs IUPUI

vatusay

Yes, I believe the quote was a slight shot at GC.

It looks like he doing well overseas. Hope he keeps it going.

My only gripe, so far, is that I keep seeing gilbeck with his hand up in the post and he is completely ignored by the ball-handler. He should touch the ball on every single possession. No exception. No, not at the top of the key looking for an out, down low with a chance to score.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

We are destroying the Jags at the half 48-24

BREAKING: Feel free to disagree, but I am giving this year's Donny Doubles "I Kicked Up My Game Big Time From Last Year" Award to Jalen Morgan. He put on 10 pounds of what looks like some solid muscle going by the rosters - allows him to much more aggressive around the rim. Still needs some more weight but kudos for getting it done in the weight room to Jalen Morgan.

FYI, the Donny Doubles Award is name in honor of former 'Neck Don McAvoy who showed up for his senior year a totally new man, much lower body fat and explosive off the floor. I dont know how many inches he added to his vertical, but I would guess something like 6 or 8.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

Gotta keep the foot on the Jags 48-24 at halftime
vatusay

I think billy may have found something special in Webster. Has shown “it”.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

Webster looks good. He seems to be the first consistent scoring threat from the PG position since CC3. I know Duff will get out of his drought here shortly. He was too good of a shooter last year to not be a threat.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:50 pm We are destroying the Jags at the half 48-24

BREAKING: Feel free to disagree, but I am giving this year's Donny Doubles "I Kicked Up My Game Big Time From Last Year" Award to Jalen Morgan. He put on 10 pounds of what looks like some solid muscle going by the rosters - allows him to much more aggressive around the rim. Still needs some more weight but kudos for getting it done in the weight room to Jalen Morgan.

FYI, the Donny Doubles Award is name in honor of former 'Neck Don McAvoy who showed up for his senior year a totally new man, much lower body fat and explosive off the floor. I dont know how many inches he added to his vertical, but I would guess something like 6 or 8.
I know this is kinda a basketball award, but I feel like Jaelon Acklin should also get this. Nearly invisible -> setting school and conference records in one offseason.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 am
sealhall74 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:50 pm We are destroying the Jags at the half 48-24

I know this is kinda a basketball award, but I feel like Jaelon Acklin should also get this. Nearly invisible -> setting school and conference records in one offseason.
If we can get the kids to make the monumental body composition change between year one and year two, we are going places we have never been before.
leatherneckcountry

I know Billy won't do it but he needs to send the tape in on some of Brandon's fouls to see what he's doing wrong so that he can learn and change cause of his 4 fouls I thought 3 were not fouls and the same guy called all 4 on him.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:53 am I know Billy won't do it but he needs to send the tape in on some of Brandon's fouls to see what he's doing wrong so that he can learn and change cause of his 4 fouls I thought 3 were not fouls and the same guy called all 4 on him.
I did not watch that closely last night, it being a blowout but he used to have a big problem on screens - would never come to "stillness" while setting them. Your feet have to be set or good officials will ring you up every time.
wiu712

Western wins 90-77. Western is now 5-1. Up next is a home game with Miami (Ohio) on Saturday at 7PM.

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 27 points. Dalan Ancrum had 19. Jalen Morgan had 13. Delo Bruster had 10.

Attendance at Western Hall = 589.

The crowds have been very small so far this season. We need more people showing up.

Crowds have been: 694, 645, 503, and 589. You would have to describe those as very disappointing numbers.