Scott Kornberg

hugeneck44

Do you guys like Kornberg on the call? I like him a lot but I wanted to find out other opinions
sealhall74

Whether football or basketball, I mute the audio on the video and turn up the radio feed. Radio is well ahead but I use it to my advantage. Once I know an exciting play is coming up, I increase focus on the video. I think Scott does a great job, always well-prepared with notes and stats and personal stories about coaches and/or players. His calls are not "overly-homerish" which would tend to turn me off anyway. He does a very good job post-game filling in the time with stats and scores and stuff. That is not an easy job as current Coach Billy learned from his and our former Coach Mo that as a coach, you don't rush into the post-game commentary, especially after a tough loss. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

I told him a couple of weeks ago that he has basically grown on me the last couple years. I would agree with you, he does a really good job. Got to know Scott and Danny Frey on the Coastal trip and they were both a lot of fun on the pregame bus trip over to the stadium. I think Kornberg also does a good job as moderator of the Charlie Fisher Show! ;) jc
beauspencer

Scott is awesome. WIU is very fortunate! And it takes a lot of creativity to fill that time waiting for coach in the post game show. It was near torture waiting for Coach Mo.
leatherneckcountry

Me and my couple of friends who are big WIU fans are apparently in the minority when the team is on the road I follow on the game cast because I can’t handle I love Dr Cody
sealhall74

The only negative I can come up with for Scott is that he struggles to get in a word edgewise when Dr. Tom Cody gets excited. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:The only negative I can come up with for Scott is that he struggles to get in a word edgewise when Dr. Tom Cody gets excited. :lol:
I did notice while listening to last Saturday's game that when Dr. Cody gets excited, he sometimes gets a bit mixed up on the team names...occasionally saying SIU when he was referencing WIU, but also popping in an ISU every now and then. I do like his excitement though...he kinda gets to be the "homer" while Scott stays fairly impartial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000