vs Dominican University

wiu712

Wednesday at 7PM.

Promotions: Dollar Dog Night (Dollar hotdogs will be available at the concession stand)!!
sealhall74

Anyone have an injury update on Usiosefe?
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Dominican is pretty respectable for a DIII foe. My first chance to see us play, I will go out on a limb here and say this is the best squad we have suited up since the CC, TP, and Jack Houpt days back in '12-13. Several good shooters who can hit off the bounce.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 pm Dominican is pretty respectable for a DIII foe. My first chance to see us play, I will go out on a limb here and say this is the best squad we have suited up since the CC, TP, and Jack Houpt days back in '12-13. Several good shooters who can hit off the bounce.
Exactly what I’m thinking, seal.

Plus the defensive presence in gilbeck down low, and he is more athletic that he looks.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Neckfansince71

Seal, I said that a couple of weeks ago! I think this is a very good basketball team in the making! ;) jc
Neckfansince71

This group is very very unselfish at all levels! ;) jc
wiu712

Western wins 95-56.

Brandon Gilbeck led the Western scoring with 19 points. Isaac Johnson had 18. Ben Pyle and Zion Young each had 12. Kobe Webster had 11.

Small crowd at the game. Attendance at Western Hall = 394.
letsgonecks

Cupcake games are hard to gauge, but step one is handling them. Mission completed!!!!

Can't really look at overall turnovers, because you have guys playing some minutes that won't typically. So look at core guys only and Johnson and Zion had 5 and 6 total during these games. Both young, so they get a pass, but Gilbeck with 7 needs to clean that up. He only had 2 against Creighton with similar minutes, so that's good.

Another thing to look at is FT shooting. Yeah you might not be as tired down the stretch during these games, but they boys have started out great from the line. Keep that up and it could be a difference maker in some games this year. Past teams have lost a ton of games over the years with poor FT shooting.
bignecks

Count me on the this is a really good team bandwagon as well. I've been at three of the cupcake games and I thought this was probably the sloppiest we've looked, but it was also the toughest team we've played. I'm just pumped to hit Summit play and see what happens. We have a complete squad through the whole rotation and even some extra help at guard. I'm liking this team quite a bit.