vs Oral Roberts

wiu712

Game is Saturday (Feb 23) at 7:00 PM. This will be the second game of Saturday's double-header. Women play Oral Roberts at 4:30 PM. Both games will be on ESPN3 and WIUS Radio (88.3 FM).

It will be Senior Day for Otis Dortch, Ryan Maas, Jordan Hughes, and Brandon Gilbeck.

Basketball looks to spark winning streak.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/43605/sports ... ng-streak/
Western_101

As bad as I feel about Western just being not good at all, how bad does it suck for Oral Roberts?

They used to be in a decent league and were at least in the late 80's somewhat of a household name for those that paid attention to basketball.

Sports suck for a lot of schools now, kids don't give a F**K if they participate in Sports. There is no feeling of pride or honor or prestige. I don't think there is going to be an answer that will help Regional Universities such as Western.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 pm Game is Saturday (Feb 23) at 7:00 PM. This will be the second game of Saturday's double-header. Women play Oral Roberts at 4:30 PM. Both games will be on ESPN3 and WIUS Radio (88.3 FM).

It will be Senior Day for Otis Dortch, Ryan Maas, Jordan Hughes, and Brandon Gilbeck.

Basketball looks to spark winning streak.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/43605/sports ... ng-streak/
"posturizing" dunks from Gilbeck. Boy, that is a new one. :lol:
Maybe its just me, but I think we need some faculty oversight or at least a peer review process of these articles before they are released.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Even though it is not necessarily a do-or-die game, we need to play it as if it is. Up tempo from the tip, fearless attack of the rack, in your face defense, etc. I might even start all four seniors and give them two or three minutes to create some serious havoc and set the pace for the onslaught which is to follow.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:08 am Even though it is not necessarily a do-or-die game, we need to play it as if it is. Up tempo from the tip, fearless attack of the rack, in your face defense, etc. I might even start all four seniors and give them two or three minutes to create some serious havoc and set the pace for the onslaught which is to follow.

UPDATE: Twin Tower Power has a very nice ring to it.
wiu712

leatherneckcountry

Denver is just really bad I don’t know how the tie breaker works if we lose there assuming neath team wins another game would we still be in based off our win over Fort Wayne
sealhall74

ORU still looking for their first point at the under 12 media TO. Wow.
sealhall74

Brandon picks up 2nd and Billy leaves him in, then forced to take a timeout to get Hughes in. That is just dumb basketball.
sealhall74

37-25 Good Guys at the half. ORU looks bad, our defense seems to be a little more frisky than usual.