Time to Fire Billy Wright and Rebuild the Basketball Program

vatusay

Wouldn’t be surprised if he landed at a bigger school for his recruiting skills. He could always get the talent together. It was just putting it all together that seemed to be the problem every year. Honestly wish him nothing but the best, it just wasn’t working out here. I think it is a positive move for all parties involved.
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

In the school release it didn't mention anything about who the acting head coach is, they usually name an assistant to be acting head coach or is that just in football they do that.
Western_101

If it was MO and Billy the 'Necks would be in the chase every year. Billy has so much to offer. Western had Zero choice, our AD had Zero choice. Billy will land on his feet and Western will have done him a service. I love Coach Mo. I guess for oldsters like me I loved watching Billy play the two games I saw him play. Well we graduated from HS the same year so I guess so I didn't get to see all of Billy's greatness at Bradley.

Onward
wiu712

meganeck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:45 pm In the school release it didn't mention anything about who the acting head coach is, they usually name an assistant to be acting head coach or is that just in football they do that.
According to the Athletics website, all of the coaches are gone. Only the two Grad Assistants are listed.
sealhall74

Saul Phillips at Northern State would be a huge get. He knows the Summit League. He led his Wolves to the NSIC Championship tonight over Minnesota State who is coached by fromer Macomb native Matt Margenthaler. Actually, either one of them would be a big win for the university.

Better Call Saul. ;)

He seems like an all-round good guy. http://www.startribune.com/former-ndsu- ... 567158672/

Maybe even Jack Houpt deserves a call too.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Mr King

wiu712 wrote:
meganeck wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:45 pm In the school release it didn't mention anything about who the acting head coach is, they usually name an assistant to be acting head coach or is that just in football they do that.
According to the Athletics website, all of the coaches are gone. Only the two Grad Assistants are listed.
Season is over nothing to coach. The team will look new next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr King

meganeck wrote:
Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:51 pm No longer a rumor! Billy Wright is a class individual and I wish him well.;) jc
definitely a good guy and I'm sure he won't be out of a job long, someone will hire him as an assistant coach. He is a good recruiter so he'll land on his feet.
He sucks at recruiting can’t find high school players to come in have to find juco players. Almost ever kid only had one offer.

vatusay

Without looking I’m pretty sure Zion, Kobe, and Garrett Covington were highly regarded recruits out of high school that had offers from bigger “better” schools. I’m sure there are others.

I like having a nice mix. Having someone for four years (or more) is awesome a la ceola. But it’s also great to catch lightning in a bottle like TP.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Neckfansince71

"Onward!" ;) jc
TheBatOfWesternHall

Mr King wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:09 pm
meganeck wrote:
Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:51 pm No longer a rumor! Billy Wright is a class individual and I wish him well.;) jc
definitely a good guy and I'm sure he won't be out of a job long, someone will hire him as an assistant coach. He is a good recruiter so he'll land on his feet.
He sucks at recruiting can’t find high school players to come in have to find juco players. Almost ever kid only had one offer.

I'm back and I find this. The slander shown will not be tolerated. Not by the bat of Western Hall.