New HC Rob Jeter

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Still no official announcement yet (and maybe this should really go in the recruiting thread), but if there was any question about his hiring, this seems like it's a "done deal".
Also, good to know he's hitting the (likely virtual at this point) recruiting trail running.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:16 am Still no official announcement yet (and maybe this should really go in the recruiting thread), but if there was any question about his hiring, this seems like it's a "done deal".
Also, good to know he's hitting the (likely virtual at this point) recruiting trail running.

One of the all-time Leatherneck greats Coleman Carrodine also went to Mt. Vernon High School but the one on the other side of the river. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:16 am Still no official announcement yet (and maybe this should really go in the recruiting thread), but if there was any question about his hiring, this seems like it's a "done deal".

That is good to see, I hope Jeter makes recruiting Iowa a priority. I assume he will recruit Illinois and Wisconsin hard and will probably recruit Minnesota, since I assume he made some contacts the last couple years.
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:34 am

That is good to see, I hope Jeter makes recruiting Iowa a priority. I assume he will recruit Illinois and Wisconsin hard and will probably recruit Minnesota, since I assume he made some contacts the last couple years.
When he was at Milwaukee they would always have a few Iowa kids. Had a couple players from Kirkwood and SCC.
Western_101

I like the hire,

I'm always a 'Neck. However where I live Bradley Basketball is what's going on in Peoria in the Winter Months (yes lower tier Pro Hockey as well). Brian Wardle (Bradley Head Coach) was hungry and he said Bradley was a "dream destination" . Being that Peoria has hosted the IHSA since 1996 Wardle played on the court as a young lad. Then to take Bradley from worst to first in five years!!!. I bring this up because Wardle was the Head Coach of a pretty non prestigious not great Horizon League Green Bay program.

So here we are folks we got ourselves a new coach with a pedigree that is hard to put a price tag on. However he did come from the Horizon League and he seems to be pretty G*d Damn good at D-I Basketball and stuff. We as a community need to embrace this man and show him that we want a winner but we understand patience and growing pains and that winning will come if you allow the man the time and assets that he needs.

Time..... it will take time. Not alot well with this COVID-19 maybe some of us will survive to see some outings at Western Hall. Pretty sure MLB is done for.
Bball Fan

I too like the hire and look forward to meeting Coach Jeter. AWESOME to see he is already recruiting. Hopefully he has been able to reach out to current players and is able to retain them other than Kobe who is already committed to Nebraska. The talent is there and the possibility for a turn around are good if retain and add properly. Go Leathernecks !
leatherneckcountry

I wonder if he has contacted any transfers there’s a ton out there.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:29 am I wonder if he has contacted any transfers there’s a ton out there.
I wonder if anybody from Minnesota is looking to leave and might follow him here.
LeatherCy

Heard today Tim Walsh is hoping to be one of Jeter's Assistants. Tim is a WIU alum and had been in coaching for many years. Among his stops are Quincy and Payson H.S. Southeastern CC, Eastern AZ CC, nine years as Asst at Idaho State and presently at Mineral Area CC in MO. He spent one year with Jeter at UW-M early in Jeter's career there.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:
leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:29 am I wonder if he has contacted any transfers there’s a ton out there.
I wonder if anybody from Minnesota is looking to leave and might follow him here.
I'd bet he has a list of some decent kids who were on his radar at MN, maybe not good enough to be starting there, but solid depth/bench guys who would likely be starters for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000