At Omaha

sealhall74

Another dandee game to watch. These kids got some game.

This was a big W as Denver got their first conference win tonight. Only 4 conf games left with 2 against Denver and 2 with Oral Bob.

A sweep against the Pioneers and a split against Oral Bob and we will be ready to scare some teams in Sioux Falls.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western wins Saturday's game 75-73.

Will Carius led the Western scoring with 22 points. Colton Sandage and Justin Brookens each had 11.

Cameron Burrell had 15 rebounds.

Western was 21 for 22 on Free Throws.

Attendance at Omaha = 427.

Next games will be Friday & Saturday (Feb 12 & 13) at Western Hall vs Denver. Those will be the last home games of the season. Game time is 7:00 PM on both nights.
OldHare

I saw the play when the Omaha player(Smith) picked up his second technical and ejected from the game. What was the origination of the chippy play that brought 4 technical fouls? Omaha is certainly frustrated with not getting a win in conference play.
sealhall74

OldHare wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:46 am I saw the play when the Omaha player(Smith) picked up his second technical and ejected from the game. What was the origination of the chippy play that brought 4 technical fouls? Omaha is certainly frustrated with not getting a win in conference play.
It started out as a basketball game but looked more like a hockey game with all the "body checking" going on. Omaha is pretty good. Surprised they are winless in conference at this point. Had some very close losses. If they make the tournament, I would not want to face them in round 1.
HoosierNeck13

To note a couple of quotes from Hoosiers: "All the pistons are firing." "We're going to be a tough team to beat."

Love this team and glad we landed Jeter. Things are going to continue to get better. Only wish I could see them play in-person...maybe next year.
leatherneckcountry

OldHare wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:46 am I saw the play when the Omaha player(Smith) picked up his second technical and ejected from the game. What was the origination of the chippy play that brought 4 technical fouls? Omaha is certainly frustrated with not getting a win in conference play.
This what happens when two teams are fighting to try and make the tournament and play on back to back nights. I haven't seen as much college hoops this year but i'm sure things are probably pretty chippy in other leagues that are doing the same thing. Not sure what's going on with Omaha really thought they would be in the middle of the conference. I hope Ruffin was ok as I don't know if any of our guys played with him but he played for coach Boudreau and Coach Hike for one year at Highland. Denver next weekend should be another good battle as they just got there big guy back this weekend glad we don't have to play them there.
leatherneckcountry

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 am To note a couple of quotes from Hoosiers: "All the pistons are firing." "We're going to be a tough team to beat."

Love this team and glad we landed Jeter. Things are going to continue to get better. Only wish I could see them play in-person...maybe next year.
Agree I'm actually more excited for the guys future then the girls which I haven't been able to say in quit a while. Only really been two conference games that weren't really close. If we can find someone to take Carius role next year this team should make a pretty good jump.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:51 am
HoosierNeck13 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 am To note a couple of quotes from Hoosiers: "All the pistons are firing." "We're going to be a tough team to beat."

Agree I'm actually more excited for the guys future then the girls which I haven't been able to say in quit a while. Only really been two conference games that weren't really close. If we can find someone to take Carius role next year this team should make a pretty good jump.
Is Carius coming back next year not a possibility? Put 25lbs of muscle on Rod Johnson, he might work. What is his status right now?
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:11 am

Is Carius coming back next year not a possibility? Put 25lbs of muscle on Rod Johnson, he might work. What is his status right now?
I don't know Will personally but my buddy was an assistant at Monmouth when he was there and said he believed it would only be one year but I don't know this for a fact.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:

In terms of what the ncaa allows, this season doesn’t count, so “legally” he should be able to come back next year. If he wants to come back next year is the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000