Coach Jeter on the move?

leatherneckcountry

If it makes anyone feel better we did offer a kid this morning.
leatherneckcountry

may know wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:50 am NIU board thinks he stinks. Wow, that board knows nothing about this sport. I get secondhand embarrassment reading their ignorance.

He should just stay here. We have more knowledgeable fans and appreciate him.
Someone on NIU board is so stupid that they think we play in the WAC that's all you need to know about there board.
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:58 pm
vatusay wrote:Is NIU that much better of a position?
Might be a bit easier to recruit Chicago, pay might be a bit better, although if he’s willing to stick it out for a bit and he’s able to get Western to the NCAA tournament for the first time, he’d have a lot more options available to him.

Edit - guess I was wrong on the salary front. I can’t find what Coach Jeter is making with us, but Coach Wright was down for $132k last year. NIU’s last HC, Mark Montgomery’s contract listed just under $319k for his last year (https://www.niu.edu/president/_pdf/cont ... uction.pdf). If we’re paying Jeter $150k, he could get double at NIU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone said on there board Jeter was making 350K i find that hard to believe cause I don't think coach Elliott even makes that.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

For reference, here's the budget from the last fiscal year: http://wiu.edu/Budget/budget_pdfs/FY20IB.pdf (Intercollegiate Athletics starts on page 35)

For reference, Coach Elliott made $170k that year, most of the assistant football coaches were making around $40k to around $70k depending on their position.
Both Coach Wright and Coach Gravina made $132k and assistant coaches on both sides are mostly in the $35k-$60k range.

I don't know what Coach Jeter is making with us, but I don't see how it could be much more than maybe around $150k.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I wonder if Coach Jeter has the same clause Billy did with respect to playing guaranteed games? Not sure I like, this one. An almost guaranteed beatdown on your resume just to help fund an assistant position. We need to pay all of our coaches better to compete in the Summit League.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2019/11 ... 20position.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

It would really nice to at least see what the next 3 additional years could look like with his son on the roster as well. I am sure he could transfer at will, but just hoping they both like the Macomb area so far and are wanting to give it a try. If he is truly successful, something much better than the MAC will come calling and throw in some real money.
sealhall74

NIU has been averaging just north of 1K in mens hoops attendance last couple of years. Pathetic to say the least.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:17 pm NIU has been averaging just north of 1K in mens hoops attendance last couple of years. Pathetic to say the least.
Yeah, they've been pretty bad lately. I don't know what they pull when they're doing well, but it wasn't that long ago that 2k+ for most men's home games was reasonable and we pulled over 5k for one game. Get enrollment back up a bit, get the students back on campus and fans at home events once COVID is less of a threat, and have a team that's exciting and doing well, and we could get back there.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

NIU hires Associate Head Coach from Arizona State! Jimmy Chitwood: I play, coach stays. He goes, I go. Coach stays!!!!! ;) jc
wiu712