Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Is NIU that much better of a position?
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote:Is NIU that much better of a position?
Might be a bit easier to recruit Chicago, pay might be a bit better, although if he’s willing to stick it out for a bit and he’s able to get Western to the NCAA tournament for the first time, he’d have a lot more options available to him.

Edit - guess I was wrong on the salary front. I can’t find what Coach Jeter is making with us, but Coach Wright was down for $132k last year. NIU’s last HC, Mark Montgomery’s contract listed just under $319k for his last year (https://www.niu.edu/president/_pdf/cont ... uction.pdf). If we’re paying Jeter $150k, he could get double at NIU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leatherneckcountry

Well that sucks never even got to see him coach wonder if Irvin will get the job
may know

NIU board thinks he stinks. Wow, that board knows nothing about this sport. I get secondhand embarrassment reading their ignorance.

He should just stay here. We have more knowledgeable fans and appreciate him.
leatherneckcountry

Not sure how many coaches pay attention to the board. But I know a former coach who wife knew who I was and I criticized him on here let's just say the next time I saw her it was a little awkward.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:14 pm Well that sucks never even got to see him coach wonder if Irvin will get the job
Just to be clear, this is still just a rumor. All we have to go on is one tweet that says "they've heard...".
It doesn't mean he's already gone, and it doesn't mean he would make the move even if he's offered it.
may know

leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:23 am Not sure how many coaches pay attention to the board. But I know a former coach who wife knew who I was and I criticized him on here let's just say the next time I saw her it was a little awkward.
Ha, I doubt they care much. How awkward did it get with the wife? :mrgreen: