vs #16 Missouri

Western_101

ummmmm WHAT? Girls decimated at home. guys only lose by 11 at Big East Power Creighton.

Gonna be a long year we don't have a 5'3 blonde hair girl to carry the team.
Western_101

Girls shit the bed.

Provided I get input that disputes that, I stand by that.,

Could the Girls have won? yes, was Mizzou better maybe.

Defend your court, this team won't finsih above .500 in the league.

Sloppy play, bad shots, indecisiveness. no leader, none nobody wants the roll.

On the upside it's just one game?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 am Could the Girls have won? yes, was Mizzou better maybe.
Was Mizzou better?...um...yeah. They're the #16 team in the country for a reason. They are, by far, the toughest team we'll play this season at least through the conference tournament. An upset would have been awesome...like on the level of WIU taking down Wisconsin a few years back...but would have been a huge surprise. I thought that the girls played well against a team that was much bigger and much more physical than anyone in our conference. Sure, there's some things to work on...it's the first real game...but there were a lot of good things going on.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:19 am
RedNeck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 am Could the Girls have won? yes, was Mizzou better maybe.
Was Mizzou better?...um...yeah. They're the #16 team in the country for a reason. They are, by far, the toughest team we'll play this season at least through the conference tournament. An upset would have been awesome...like on the level of WIU taking down Wisconsin a few years back...but would have been a huge surprise. I thought that the girls played well against a team that was much bigger and much more physical than anyone in our conference. Sure, there's some things to work on...it's the first real game...but there were a lot of good things going on.
Last December's beating of Stanford was pretty darn awesome!

This year we have a ton of freshman and it's going to take a while to gel. Would love to see #14 at the point instead of Kaufmann, and maybe that will come. Sure, we are lacking in height and strength, but there were some good things. #33 looks to be good on the boards, and #1 as a redshirt Junior is a boost.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:40 am Last December's beating of Stanford was pretty darn awesome!

This year we have a ton of freshman and it's going to take a while to gel. Would love to see #14 at the point instead of Kaufmann, and maybe that will come. Sure, we are lacking in height and strength, but there were some good things. #33 looks to be good on the boards, and #1 as a redshirt Junior is a boost.
True, that was a pretty huge upset too.

I thought that #33 (Freshman Forward Jinda Guidinger) had some really good moves on the court. Timing on a few things could be a bit better, but she's a freshman who was playing her first college game ever.
wiu712

Sophie Cunningham’s monster second half lifts the Missouri Tigers in season opener.
From the Columbia, MO Daily Tribune:
http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/2 ... son-opener
Neckfansince71

We had two knew players (Garcia and Washington) and one important player from last year (Pryor) all sitting on the bench last night, that had to hurt. And yes, I saw some really good things last night like fight, determination, aggressive rebounding, and we actually at times got physical with the Tigers. But what Emily gave us while she played at WIU was the ability to go to the rack and score or dish to a team mate for a 3. We never got any set-up 3's last night because we over drove the hoop a number of times with out good court vision. I know with as many young players that we have, it is going to take time. A lot of work to do! Oh, one more thing, it was really a fun night last night. I was very happy to be a part of a large and loud crowd at Western Hall. There was a ton of student and fan support, especially in the first half. Volleyball game was entertaining also and good things will come with our new volleyball coach! ;) jc
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 pm I gotcha. Was an odd scheduling decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i wonder if Missouri said they would play in Macomb but only on this date and the volleyball game was already scheduled
meganeck

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:25 pm We had two knew players (Garcia and Washington) and one important player from last year (Pryor) all sitting on the bench last night, that had to hurt. And yes, I saw some really good things last night like fight, determination, aggressive rebounding, and we actually at times got physical with the Tigers. But what Emily gave us while she played at WIU was the ability to go to the rack and score or dish to a team mate for a 3. We never got any set-up 3's last night because we over drove the hoop a number of times with out good court vision. I know with as many young players that we have, it is going to take time. A lot of work to do! Oh, one more thing, it was really a fun night last night. I was very happy to be a part of a large and loud crowd at Western Hall. There was a ton of student and fan support, especially in the first half. Volleyball game was entertaining also and good things will come with our new volleyball coach! ;) jc
So are those 3 players all hurt?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:04 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 pm I gotcha. Was an odd scheduling decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i wonder if Missouri said they would play in Macomb but only on this date and the volleyball game was already scheduled
They used to play some of the Volleyball games in Brophy, but it doesn't look like they're doing that anymore. That's probably what the issue was...Volleyball date set by the conference, BBall game date set by Misssouri, not a lot of flexibility.