vs Fort Wayne, vs South Dakota State

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

9-7 Overall
5-7 vs Division I
0-3 vs Summit League

Up this week are two more home games, the first since students came back (so hopefully somewhat decent crowds....hopefully).

Fort Wayne Mastadons

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 7 PM
Fort Wayne is 13-8 overall with a 2-2 conference record. DI wins over Delaware State, UIC, Detroit Mercy, SIU-E, Stetson, Indiana (92-72...huge upset), Liberty, Denver, and Omaha.

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 7 PM
South Dakota State is 16-5 overall with a 4-0 conference record. They have DI wins over UC Irvine, Alabama State, Iowa, Buffalo, Ole Miss, North Dakota, Drake, UMKC, NDSU, Omaha, Oral Roberts, and Denver.

Live Stats for both games available here: http://www.sidearmstats.com/wiu/mbball/
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

You mean school is back in session and we are not even streaming these conference games to All-Access subscribers?

If this is true, pure HORSE HOCKEY I say!

<picture Sherman T. Potter meme here if it is true>
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm You mean school is back in session and we are not even streaming these conference games to All-Access subscribers?

If this is true, pure HORSE HOCKEY I say!

<picture Sherman T. Potter meme here if it is true>
I am in total agreement. Even over break in years past they would at least do a single camera view of the game. I am not sure I get any rationale to eliminate the live streaming options.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm You mean school is back in session, and we are not even streaming these conference games to All-Access subscribers?
There has been a single camera at the games held during the semester-break. That is what provides the video for any "official reviews".

All they would need to do for the All-Access subscribers would be to attach the WRMS Radio feed to that camera.
Necks2003

It looks like the All Access now has a link for the game later today.
Western_101

There can't be very many people that care about this game. Students just getting acclimated to being back. IPFW isn't exactly a name brand or Sexy sounding. Attendance for this game may surpass 500 but not by much. Jezz some Illinois high schools get over 2k per game.

That's got to be a let down to go to a D-I school and have less support than in high school.
sealhall74

College kids are hard to gauge. Classes just getting kicked off. Probably not much "homework" to do. They might show up en masse tonight just to see what this new attendance app on their cell phone is all about. A good solid performance by our guys and a close game to the end will work wonders in getting the students to come back for more.

I will be hitting Ruby Tuesday for a couple of cold ones before I tune in tonight.
sealhall74

I got no sound from the All-Access stream. No problem, I would mute it anyway and simulcast the radio feed.
sealhall74

WIU down 36-26 halftime. Gilbeck sits early with 2 fouls. This seems to happen way to much. Lot of different bigs in the rotation to cover his minutes on the bench.
Necks2003

I can't say I even want to hear anything going in. Offense is stagnant once again. 26 points a half will not win many games. Either come up with a more consistent offense or just let Webster and Ancrum fire up 3s every posession. Down by 10 at half for every home game in conference is a recipe for another disaster for conference.