At Sioux Falls

vatusay

Tough loss. Hard to beat a team shooting like that from beyond the arc. Feel bad for them but they showed a lot of promise. I’ve always thought this team has the talent. Hopefully some momentum can stick with them through the offseason and keep the guys together.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

WIU’s run ends.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... s-run-ends

Young Bison hang on to beat Western Illinois to earn a spot in Summit League men's basketball finals.
From the Fargo Inforum:
https://www.inforum.com/sports/985465-Y ... all-finals
Last edited by wiu712 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Western_101

So I guess I will stop watching this on ESPN whatever.....lol. Guess thought Iwas watching a game in progress.
Lakesbison

good battle guys, whew.

i wouldve kept back picking for gilbeck and alley oop to him everytime down the court at end.

ndsu hit shots.
wiu712

In Monday's second semi-final game, #2 Omaha beat #3 Purdue Fort Wayne 61-60.

Neither team scored in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Attendance for Monday's evening session = 4,508.

#2 Omaha will play #4 North Dakota State in Tuesday's championship game. That game will be on ESPN2 at 8:00 PM.
leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 pm In Monday's second semi-final game, #2 Omaha beat #3 Purdue Fort Wayne 61-60.

Neither team scored in the last 3 minutes of the game.

Attendance for Monday's evening session = 4,508.

#2 Omaha will play #4 North Dakota State in Tuesday's championship game. That game will be on ESPN2 at 8:00 PM.
part of me was rooting for the Dons would have been nice to see Konchar make the tournament I guess I’ll root for the mavs just tired of the Dakota schools being the only ones to represent the summit league
vatusay

The bias in the telecast was terrible. Thought the announcers would be a tad bit more neutral in conference tourney. Didn’t have an effect on the outcome, just annoying. The deep voice name shoutouts on every three got tired by the second media timeout.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

vatusay wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:02 amThe bias in the telecast was terrible. Thought the announcers would be a tad bit more neutral in conference tourney.
The first 3 days of the tournament were televised on the Midco Sports Network. That is a regional sports channel for North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota. That would explain a tilt in the coverage towards the 4 Dakota schools.

Today's two championship games will be on an ESPN channel which should result in a neutral-balanced telecast.
sealhall74

I have not seen all of the men's games but the ones I have all were sort of the same. One team got behind early and had to battle back and ultimately came up just short. Same for the ladies against ORU. I guess the moral of the story is don't get off to a slow start in tournament games.

Our guys fought so hard. Lot of things came to light in this game. Kobe is a gamer. Pyle is no longer a freshman. CJ might have been less than 100% as he was wearing Kinesio tape on his calf and bent down to touch it a time or two. Also, we need a guy like Brandon in the middle. We should be alright next year if the guys stick together and if someone can be a pleasant surprise to fill Brandon's shoes.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

North Dakota State beat Omaha 73-63 in the championship game.

Attendance = 4,076.