2019 Week 3 - Western Illinois vs Montana State

wiu712

#10 Montana State Bobcats trying to keep momentum alive at Western Illinois.
From the Bozeman Daily Chronicle:
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/s ... 45caa.html
rocki

So, maybe this is a closely guarded secret; but just in case it isn't who are we down this week and who's stepping up?

I knew that Brunner and Norris were out, but it wasn't until last week I'd heard that Victavious Johnson was out as well. Now we know we had two guys that were obviously hurt in the game last week, but haven't heard what their status is.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 am So, maybe this is a closely guarded secret; but just in case it isn't who are we down this week and who's stepping up?

I knew that Brunner and Norris were out, but it wasn't until last week I'd heard that Victavious Johnson was out as well. Now we know we had two guys that were obviously hurt in the game last week, but haven't heard what their status is.
In case any of the football staff reads this, I'm pretty fast (for a 40+ year old) and I technically have 4 years of NCAA eligibility remaining.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 am
rocki wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 am So, maybe this is a closely guarded secret; but just in case it isn't who are we down this week and who's stepping up?

In case any of the football staff reads this, I'm pretty fast (for a 40+ year old) and I technically have 4 years of NCAA eligibility remaining.
Sorry to burst your bubble Scott, but technically your NCAA clock ran out 5 years after you were enrolled as a full-time student. Believe you could join McShane's brother Vance over at Saint Xavier in NAIA. Pretty sure there's works on years of participation only. That is why Beebe finished at then NAIA Chadron State. Also where you read those stories about guys playing college ball in there 50's, 30 years after they last played a game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:36 pm Sorry to burst your bubble Scott, but technically your NCAA clock ran out 5 years after you were enrolled as a full-time student. Believe you could join McShane's brother Vance over at Saint Xavier in NAIA. Pretty sure there's works on years of participation only. That is why Beebe finished at then NAIA Chadron State. Also where you read those stories about guys playing college ball in there 50's, 30 years after they last played a game.
Well shoot. Sorry coaches...can't help you.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Injured Leathernecks hope for home cooking this weekend
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... is-weekend
Western suffered more key injuries a week ago at Colorado State as cornerback Darron Wheeler and running back Kendon Walker both went down.
Add in running back Deontez Thompson suffering an injury late in Week 1 and Western is down four backs with Max Norris and Vic Johnson yet to be healthy enough to get in a game this season.
I'm pretty sure Wheeler has been out the whole season. He's not listed as participating in any of the games so far. Also no mention of pre-season All-Conference honorable mention WR John Brunner who has not played in any games this season.
rocki

Do they have a 2 deep roster listed anywhere? I don't even know who the 5th or 6th guys up are.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:12 pm Do they have a 2 deep roster listed anywhere? I don't even know who the 5th or 6th guys up are.
Page 9 of the game notes: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... _Notes.pdf
sealhall74

Well it's Friday the 13th. Woke up to a flat tire at the hotel in Bettendorf. May or may not have home closing today. May or may not get to the game tomorrow. Nothing like living on the edge.

Gotta say the roads and streets in Iowa and Illinois are the absolute worst I have encountered in a very long time.
Embrace the pace of the race.
BobLovely

Well, I guess it is time for my prediction:

Montana State 34
Western Illinois 21

At present, we are no match for a quality FCS program...

Bob