Update problems

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hi folks...did a security update this evening to the software that runs the message board. Turns out it broke a few things.
It looks like functionality is pretty much ok, but it's going to take a little while to get it back to what it looked like. I'm going to keep working on it a bit this evening, but might not get it all worked out until I can spend more time on it tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:40 pm Hi folks...did a security update this evening to the software that runs the message board. Turns out it broke a few things.
It looks like functionality is pretty much ok, but it's going to take a little while to get it back to what it looked like. I'm going to keep working on it a bit this evening, but might not get it all worked out until I can spend more time on it tomorrow.

The quick link to pickem game is missing from the main page.
If anyone needs it, here it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... l8/pubhtml
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:19 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:40 pm Hi folks...did a security update this evening to the software that runs the message board. Turns out it broke a few things.

Fixed. And I think I have the page/link added in such a way that future updates should not break things.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:57 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Fixed. And I think I have the page/link added in such a way that future updates should not break things.
Thanks ST. One thing I noticed on my cell device is that I no longer can scroll horizontally on the leaderboard sheet to get to the Submit Picks link. Turning the phone 90 degrees allows more of it to visible and part of the Submit Picks link shows up. Maybe its just me or maybe I am doing someting wrong, but I dont remember not being able to scroll horizontally on that sheet. Or maybe scrolling was only there when I opened the sheet in a new window like it was before.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:13 pm Thanks ST. One thing I noticed on my cell device is that I no longer can scroll horizontally on the leaderboard sheet to get to the Submit Picks link. Turning the phone 90 degrees allows more of it to visible and part of the Submit Picks link shows up. Maybe its just me or maybe I am doing someting wrong, but I dont remember not being able to scroll horizontally on that sheet. Or maybe scrolling was only there when I opened the sheet in a new window like it was before.
Ok, I'll take a look at that and see what I can figure out.

Otherwise, I think things should be pretty much back to normal, so I'll go ahead and "un-sticky" this post.
leatherneckcountry

I was just wondering if I’m the only one noticing way more ads lately.
Tere North

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 am I was just wondering if I’m the only one noticing way more ads lately.
Me, too! And in the middle of the posts. :(
meganeck

Tere North wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:27 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 am I was just wondering if I’m the only one noticing way more ads lately.
Yep noticing it also, glad I'm not the only one.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:11 pm
A couple of days ago, Google changed how they handle serving ads, which has messed up a few things (like occasionally the way the front page display, as well as showing more ads). I have not had a chance to dig into things to figure out how to fix it, but I'm going to do that tonight. I don't want to have to ask you guys for money every year, so an unobtrusive ad at the bottom of the page is how I prefer to pay for the site...but I won't do that if they're going to put ads all over the page. I'll work on it and see if I can minimize the ads you guys are seeing.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:03 pm
meganeck wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:11 pm

A couple of days ago, Google changed how they handle serving ads, which has messed up a few things (like occasionally the way the front page display, as well as showing more ads). I have not had a chance to dig into things to figure out how to fix it, but I'm going to do that tonight. I don't want to have to ask you guys for money every year, so an unobtrusive ad at the bottom of the page is how I prefer to pay for the site...but I won't do that if they're going to put ads all over the page. I'll work on it and see if I can minimize the ads you guys are seeing.
Scott, appreciate all you do and would understand if they their is nothing you can do, if you need the ads to make money to keep this site going, then so be it.