Assistant Coaches Search

GV Dad

Moving on to the search for Assistants.  I know of at least 1 current Assistant that would love to stay, and his position was one of strength over the time he's been here; so hopefully they can work something out.  

I think the most important hire for Coach Hen is going to be his DC.  He's proven he has talent with the ball, we need that same vision, creativity and toughness on the other side.  Also selfishly hoping they stick with a 4 man front.  
Neckfansince71

If I am that current assistant coach I am sitting outside Coach H's door ready to talk with him about his future in WIU football!  You need some connection to the past too. ;)
 jc
vatusay

Wonder if his dad will have a few connections for him? Wouldn’t hurt to have some old school leadership on the staff also! 
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

vatusay wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:19 am Wonder if his dad will have a few connections for him? Wouldn’t hurt to have some old school leadership on the staff also!

I was thinking that as well.

Also, assuming Matt Drinkall withdrew his name for our HC job voluntarily, he might have some contacts as well. Drinkall was something of a mentor to Coach Myers and was in his wedding.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

He had a young female assistant coach on his staff at KWU.  Valerie Ochoa worked with the Offense and special teams and she, along with former WIU player and KWU Offensive Coordinator MIKE FAMIGLIETTI were also the coaches for the Women's Flag Football program at KWU, one of the few in the country.  Might they be heading east too?  We shall see. 

Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

Sounds like the plan is to move quick.  Coach Hen is getting lot's of input from across the country.  It's crazy the amount of contacts he has at his age!  
GV Dad

rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:47 am Sounds like the plan is to move quick.  Coach Hen is getting lot's of input from across the country.  It's crazy the amount of contacts he has at his age!  

Wonderful to hear!!!! Contacts are a huge part of college coaching.
wiu712

Mike Famiglietti's Twitter Account associated with Kansas Wesleyan went "non-existent" today.

Wonder if that means that he will be joining Myers Hendrickson at Western ???   Those two have worked together at Northern State and at Kansas Wesleyan.  They were also teammates at Western.

leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:00 pm Mike Famiglietti's Twitter Account associated with Kansas Wesleyan went "non-existent" today.

Wonder if that means that he will be joining Myers Hendrickson at Western ???   Those two have worked together at Northern State and at Kansas Wesleyan.  They were also teammates at Western.

https://twitter.com/CoachFam