12/11/21 vs Greenville

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

DIII Greenville at Western Hall at 2 PM on Saturday, December 11
Greenville is a decent team for their level, currently at 6-2, but this game shouldn't be close.

This will be the last non-conference matchup for the women before the conference part of the schedule starts on 12/20.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Just because I'm curious, does anyone know what happened to Addaya Moore? I know it said she entered the transfer portal, but never heard if she did switch schools. It's weird 'cause she still shows up in the lineup, and Google still shows her as playing for Western. Go figure.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:54 pm Just because I'm curious, does anyone know what happened to Addaya Moore? I know it said she entered the transfer portal, but never heard if she did switch schools. It's weird 'cause she still shows up in the lineup, and Google still shows her as playing for Western. Go figure.

There's this on her twitter account (below), so maybe she just decided to be done with playing basketball.

There was also something about being a HS girls track coach, so maybe she's doing student teaching or something.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Thanks. I wondered if she had stopped bb altogether, especially after I read she had a season ending injury last year. Apparently she's still enrolled and working on her studies. 
leatherneckcountry

Full coaching staff today Pep Band is even in the house 
wiu712

Western won the game 105-56.

Anna Deets led the Western scoring with 20 points.  She was 6 for 9 on three-pointers.

Jada Thorpe had 16 points.  Elizabeth Lutz and Evan Zars each had 15.  Mallory McDermott had 11.

Neither coach called a time-out during the game.

Attendance at Western Hall = 317

Next game will be at Western Hall on December 20 vs Denver for conference opener.  Game time is 6:00 PM.

meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:38 pm
rocki wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:54 pm Just because I'm curious, does anyone know what happened to Addaya Moore? I know it said she entered the transfer portal, but never heard if she did switch schools. It's weird 'cause she still shows up in the lineup, and Google still shows her as playing for Western. Go figure.

There's this on her twitter account (below), so maybe she just decided to be done with playing basketball.

There was also something about being a HS girls track coach, so maybe she's doing student teaching or something.

That's a bummer, I assume she got hurt again or just knew she couldn't play at 100%. I think I remember seeing before the season that could have had 2 more season at WIU.