Head Coaching Search

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote:
sealhall74 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:05 am My 2 cents: You should ALWAYS have facility campaign(s) going.  How much human effort does it take to have it/them up and running on the main site?  Iowa has 4 of em going right now.  You got some drainage problems around the soccer field?  Let people know it needs fixed and you really care about it.

https://www.jointheiclub.com/campaigns/index.html

Good day!  Got my tickets to Carver for Wednesday night.
Also a good day to buy a couple of lottery tickets.

Your 2 cents are spot on!  Apparently it takes a crap ton of effort though to get the website updated.  Our Website is a joke.  The softball Non Conf schedule isn't even updated yet; and first game is 2 months away.  The football page is rarely updated timely.  It can be a major marketing tool, if they would actually use it!  

Yeah, I’m not sure who they go through, but it’s one of the few university sites that is hosted outside the university. I’d imagine some of that has fallen by the wayside with all the turnover and the lack of a proper marketing person (maybe they have one now, but we didn’t for a while).

I will say that I think a lot of Athletics sites go through that same service (at a bunch of different universities), so I think it must just be a situation where we don’t have the personnel to keep things as up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:17 am
GV wrote:
sealhall74 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:05 am My 2 cents: You should ALWAYS have facility campaign(s) going.  How much human effort does it take to have it/them up and running on the main site?  Iowa has 4 of em going right now.  You got some drainage problems around the soccer field?  Let people know it needs fixed and you really care about it.

https://www.jointheiclub.com/campaigns/index.html

Good day!  Got my tickets to Carver for Wednesday night.
Also a good day to buy a couple of lottery tickets.

Your 2 cents are spot on!  Apparently it takes a crap ton of effort though to get the website updated.  Our Website is a joke.  The softball Non Conf schedule isn't even updated yet; and first game is 2 months away.  The football page is rarely updated timely.  It can be a major marketing tool, if they would actually use it!  

Yeah, I’m not sure who they go through, but it’s one of the few university sites that is hosted outside the university. I’d imagine some of that has fallen by the wayside with all the turnover and the lack of a proper marketing person (maybe they have one now, but we didn’t for a while).

I will say that I think a lot of Athletics sites go through that same service (at a bunch of different universities), so I think it must just be a situation where we don’t have the personnel to keep things as up to date.

You are right.  It might be harder than we think.  I browsed around the Iowa campaign site a bit.  They obviously outsourced the whole thing to a company from North Carolina.  But on a small scale, WIU does have a few campaigns currently in progress within their direct or indirect control.

https://www.givecampus.com/schools/West ... #campaigns

Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

He makes me excited for next season and his vision!

sealhall74

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:41 pm

He makes me excited for next season and his vision!

Is is just me having trouble playing this podcast?  Keeps hanging in my Chrome browser.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:02 pmIs is just me having trouble playing this podcast?  Keeps hanging in my Chrome browser.

You can try going directly to the file here: https://media.rss.com/fcsnation/2021122 ... a69fa6.m4a

Or you should be able to listen to just the Coach Hendrickson section here:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckerchief

I was one of those thinking that Coach Hendrickson was quite young for the head coach position. I didn’t realize that John Madden was just 32 when he was hired as head coach of the Raiders. Madden led Oakland to a 103-32-7 regular-season record and a Super Bowl win. Hopefully Myers will have similar success!