2021 Offseason Roster Changes

Neckfansince71

I think he came with some issues.  These definitely created a strain with the coaching staff but as far as I know he was and they were continuing to work through them and with them.  I am going to say grades with eligibility 2nd semester.  Have not heard this, just speculating on what has been presented here.  jc ;)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:14 am Sophomore Forward Ramean Hinton is no longer listed on the roster
This was his page last year: https://goleathernecks.com/sports/mens- ... nton/19121

I have not heard anything about if he's transferring elsewhere or if he had academic issues or something else.

Our other Forwards on the roster are:
6'10" Junior Tamell Pearson
6'7" Junior Cameron Burrell
6'8" Junior Adam Anhold
6'7" Grad Will Carius
6'10" Grad Luka Barisic

Hinton has been added back onto the roster. Hopefully just a glitch or a temporary academic issue that has been worked out.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I don't think I've seen him mentioned before around here, so maybe he's a walk-on or something, but we've added freshman guard Enari Thomas to the roster: https://goleathernecks.com/sports/mens- ... omas/19675
5'10", 170lb, class of 2021 from Marshall HS in Chicago (Garfield Park neighborhood)

https://twitter.com/enari_thomas
letsgonecks

Does anyone know if Bennett or Hinton have been practicing with the team or not eligible? Wondering if either have a chance to become eligible at the semester?

Hinton was raw last year with a lot of potential.  Bennett seems like a dude that can do a bit of everything and could be an upgrade to Flores when we need defense.  Flores plays solid D and has the ability to drive at times, but no threat to shoot and typically gives the ball up immediately.
leatherneckcountry

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:08 am Does anyone know if Bennett or Hinton have been practicing with the team or not eligible? Wondering if either have a chance to become eligible at the semester?

Hinton was raw last year with a lot of potential.  Bennett seems like a dude that can do a bit of everything and could be an upgrade to Flores when we need defense.  Flores plays solid D and has the ability to drive at times, but no threat to shoot and typically gives the ball up immediately.

I haven't seen Hinton at any games this year and Bennett was still in a boot the last home game

letsgonecks

Thanks, guess I haven't noticed Bennett.

If Hinton isn't eligible, guess that would mean he can't practice and wouldn't be on the bench.  With him still on the roster, I'd assume they're hoping to get him back next semester.

Who knows, but they need to get out of their 3 shooting slump, if they want to get back to their winning ways.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ramean Hinton has been removed from the roster again, just fyi.