2022 Summit League Tournament

sealhall74

That little tournament experience they had last year is paying off. The are confident and very well coached.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

The matchup zone a nice move on our part.
wiu712

#3 Oral Roberts won the game 80-68.

Western finishes the season with a record of 16-15.

Trenton Massner led the Western scoring with 28 points.  Tamell Pearson had 14.  Colton Sandage had 11.

Attendance for the evening session = 7,364

meganeck

I'm not surprised they lost yesterday, but I think it was a disappointing season overall, especially after how they did in the non-conference. Maybe that was fools gold also, because like someone posted most of the teams we beat in the non-conference went on to be pretty bad teams. Anyway I think Jeter does have the program headed in the right direction, hopefully they can get some good high school kids and sprinkle it in with some transfers.
sealhall74

The Jacks are loaded this year.  Only losing Wilson.  More of the same the way it looks.
They are definitey the Gonzaga of the Summit League.

You must recruit athleticism and quickness to compete with this group.  Hopefully, they can shoot the ball too.

wiu712

In Monday's Semi-Finals:

#1 South Dakota State beat #4 South Dakota 83-60.

#2 North Dakota State beat #3 Oral Roberts 92-72.

Attendance for the evening session = 10,418

wiu712

Championship game:

#1 South Dakota State beat #2 North Dakota State 75-69.

Attendance = 10,072

Neckfansince71

Take a listen to Coach Jeter's presser after the game.  Very interesting thoughts on the season as a whole.  I like him! ;)jc

sealhall74

My take on the season is that the coach was plagued by a lot of inconsistency and not enough depth on the bench to make up for it.  Guys would score 20+ one game.  Next game not break double figures.  IMO, this generally happens because the physical matchups were favorable one day, not so good the next.  We have to get quicker and more explosive so we match up better with all teams in the league each and every night.  Sure, we knocked off NDSU once but they were without the 6-11 kid who is probably going to be the next Mike Daum in the league.  We also beat ORU once.  We hit 15 3s that night and shot 50%.  Both of these wins were  what I call "one-off".  The stars were aligned just right.  Taking it to that next level wont be easy.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:54 pm The Jacks are loaded this year.  Only losing Wilson.  More of the same the way it looks.
They are definitey the Gonzaga of the Summit League.

You must recruit athleticism and quickness to compete with this group.  Hopefully, they can shoot the ball too.

Jacks are a powerhouse.  Leading score from the first half of the year steps away and they don't skip a beat.  Don't forget David Jenkins would likely still be there if he hadn't transferred twice.  Dude is riding the pine in Utah after playing well at UNLV and would likely have all kinds of spotlight, if still in Brookings.