2022 Roster

leatherneckcountry

sealhall74

Wow is all I can say.  Sure feels like something very weird happened during the course of this season.  Around mid-to late December if I had to put a time-frame on it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm Wow make that crap is all I can say.  Sure feels like something very weird happened during the course of this season.  Around mid-to late December if I had to put a time-frame on it.

And I watched the 2nd half of the game involving Snow.   Not impressed to say the least.  Dodge City cranked up the intensity in the 2nd half, our two offers disappeared from the radar.  And that defensive intensity not even close to the level you will see in the Summit League.

loyalfan

Yeah now I’m concerned...something changed/happened and now I’m not sure what to think about the direction of the program.  Not real sure how we can even play Saturday 
loyalfan

At this stage, unless he knows there is big time help on the way, I’m not sure why Massner sticks around or doesn’t at least consider his options elsewhere.  
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm Wow is all I can say.  Sure feels like something very weird happened during the course of this season.  Around mid-to late December if I had to put a time-frame on it.

Seal, I kinda agree, the team this year seemed to have so much potential then they just flat lined wonder if there was some internal stuff going on. Just like the football team, makes me wonder why of the guys leaving especially guys that have had prior relationships with the coaching staff. Very surprised about Colton, only thing maybe he thinks he can play at some higher level programs. At this point why even play Saturday, pretty much no chance of winning. Not sure the finances of this tourney, but hopefully WIU does incur too much of a loss with the trip. 

I did see North Dakota St is having a lot of players leaving also. I think I saw they only have 4 players right now scheduled back.

meganeck

loyalfan wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:58 pm At this stage, unless he knows there is big time help on the way, I’m not sure why Massner sticks around or doesn’t at least consider his options elsewhere.  

The only thing with Massnet, I don't know if he would want to transfer again. He went to a JUCO out of high school, then transferred to a D1 school, then transferred to WIU, so would he want to transfer for a 4th time. I know others have done it. Plus he is close to home, unless Iowa would want him, he isn't going to find a D1 school closer to home than WIU.
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:01 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm Wow is all I can say.  Sure feels like something very weird happened during the course of this season.  Around mid-to late December if I had to put a time-frame on it.

Seal, I kinda agree, the team this year seemed to have so much potential then they just flat lined wonder if there was some internal stuff going on. Just like the football team, makes me wonder why of the guys leaving especially guys that have had prior relationships with the coaching staff. Very surprised about Colton, only thing maybe he thinks he can play at some higher level programs. At this point why even play Saturday, pretty much no chance of winning. Not sure the finances of this tourney, but hopefully WIU does incur too much of a loss with the trip. 

I did see North Dakota St is having a lot of players leaving also. I think I saw they only have 4 players right now scheduled back.

We also have to remember with the extra year of eligibility I  believe most of these guys have there undergrad and maybe trying to get a grad degree. I would be pretty surprised if Colton doesn't wind up at ISU.

sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:08 pm

We also have to remember with the extra year of eligibility I  believe most of these guys have there undergrad and maybe trying to get a grad degree. I would be pretty surprised if Colton doesn't wind up at ISU.

Good point.  I feel sad for kids coming out of high school right now trying to find a good fit.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:12 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:08 pm

Good point.  I feel sad for kids coming out of high school right now trying to find a good fit.

That said, a savvy coach who could withstand a couple of tough years of development time should find the pickins pretty damn good at the HS level right now.