Signed 2022 Class

rocki

Leatherneck57 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:17 am
rocki wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:46 am Thanks. Maybe Leatherneck57 will pop in and give us the details.

Let’s just say some things surfaced after his commitment that our staff decided it would be in our best interest to separate from this young man.

Thanks for the information. Glad to hear they are looking out for the whole package when it comes to the football team and its members.
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:05 am
Leatherneck57 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:17 am
rocki wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:46 am Thanks. Maybe Leatherneck57 will pop in and give us the details.

Let’s just say some things surfaced after his commitment that our staff decided it would be in our best interest to separate from this young man.

Thanks for the information. Glad to hear they are looking out for the whole package when it comes to the football team and its members.

Measure twice,  cut once always a good policy.   

Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

GV Dad

The staff has done a great job rebuilding the Roster; especially considering the late start they got.  We have 34 known commitments from recruits and transfers, bringing our roster number to 89 players for Fall camp (unofficial).  May 1 was the deadline to enter the portal and be eligible to participate in the Fall, so we shouldn't see any other defections.  The staff will likely add more players in the next few weeks, getting us to 110 for Fall camp.  Hoping we can still get a couple impact players.  I'll take "upgrades" at any position, but we still need some OL and RB help, and depth at WR, CB and LB.  
Leatherneck57

Leathernecks land a BIG time ball catcher!  6’4 200 WR Naseim Brantley out of Sacred Heart University.  Naseim produced 82 catches for 1261 yards and 8 TD’s in 2021!  This kid was a 3 time conference champion and 2 time All Conference player!  #PTR #YouWantToBePartOfThis
Attachments
Naseim Brantley
Naseim Brantley
107F8C0E-CA49-4BA1-B892-76E7F8A52C40.jpeg (308.14 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:The staff has done a great job rebuilding the Roster; especially considering the late start they got.  We have 34 known commitments from recruits and transfers, bringing our roster number to 89 players for Fall camp (unofficial).  May 1 was the deadline to enter the portal and be eligible to participate in the Fall, so we shouldn't see any other defections.  The staff will likely add more players in the next few weeks, getting us to 110 for Fall camp.  Hoping we can still get a couple impact players.  I'll take "upgrades" at any position, but we still need some OL and RB help, and depth at WR, CB and LB.  
For the guys in the portal or incoming freshman is there a date that they have to sign with a new team or go back to their old team to be eligible to play in the fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:25 am
GV wrote:The staff has done a great job rebuilding the Roster; especially considering the late start they got.  We have 34 known commitments from recruits and transfers, bringing our roster number to 89 players for Fall camp (unofficial).  May 1 was the deadline to enter the portal and be eligible to participate in the Fall, so we shouldn't see any other defections.  The staff will likely add more players in the next few weeks, getting us to 110 for Fall camp.  Hoping we can still get a couple impact players.  I'll take "upgrades" at any position, but we still need some OL and RB help, and depth at WR, CB and LB.  
For the guys in the portal or incoming freshman is there a date that they have to sign with a new team or go back to their old team to be eligible to play in the fall?

May 1 was the deadline to either enter or remove themselves from the portal and be eligible for the Fall season.  As far as signing LOI, that I don't know.  I'm not sure if these kids are signing as they announce or not.  I hope so.  

WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:25 am
GV wrote:The staff has done a great job rebuilding the Roster; especially considering the late start they got.  We have 34 known commitments from recruits and transfers, bringing our roster number to 89 players for Fall camp (unofficial).  May 1 was the deadline to enter the portal and be eligible to participate in the Fall, so we shouldn't see any other defections.  The staff will likely add more players in the next few weeks, getting us to 110 for Fall camp.  Hoping we can still get a couple impact players.  I'll take "upgrades" at any position, but we still need some OL and RB help, and depth at WR, CB and LB.  

May 1 was the deadline to either enter or remove themselves from the portal and be eligible for the Fall season.  As far as signing LOI, that I don't know.  I'm not sure if these kids are signing as they announce or not.  I hope so.  

Okay, so maybe I’m confusing myself. Example. Darius Joiner went into the transfer portal months ago, but to my knowledge he still hasn’t signed with a team. But he still is eligible to sign with a new team or come back to us and play in the fall? But if he had entered the transfer portal 5/2 he’d be ineligible to play in the fall?

GV Dad

Yes to your last question, anyone entering after May 1 will not be eligible this fall. I not sure what the date is to be able to commit to a team for a Fall if you are already in the portal. But that would be same for all players, transfers, JUCO qualifiers and unsigned HS kids