Future Football Schedules

GV Dad

Thank god I won't have to watch the game in 2025! Their stadium is beyond an eyesore!!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

In case anyone happens to be curious what a $$$ game contract looks like, here's a copy of our contract with Purdue for the game scheduled for 2028.
Interesting point that I noticed: we get $450k, even if it's cancelled, unless it's cancelled after 1/1/26, in which case we get $1M.

Western_101

What are the financials on womens' sports?

Title IX is fiscally damaging Universities.  From a  standpoint of money this can not be rebuked.

I don't care if this hurts your feelings,. I was pissed off when my kid didn't get the grand prize.

WHY?   people vote with their money.  WNBA is propped up, and really nobody cares. 

Title IX is taught in a great deal of law schools as an instance of overcorecting. It's ludicris,  put the same candidate for football or Bsketball regardless of gender and let the fair Market decide.

Western_101

Henry so harsh?

well we don't have wrestling or Gymnastics. My high school had State champs and runners's up in Wrestling in the 90's. They didn't go to Western.

sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:43 pm In case anyone happens to be curious what a $$$ game contract looks like, here's a copy of our contract with Purdue for the game scheduled for 2028.
Interesting point that I noticed: we get $450k, even if it's cancelled, unless it's cancelled after 1/1/26, in which case we get $1M.

I wish the university did a better job advertising to alumni and others all available tickets (free or not) for these kind of games games.  Same goes for conference tournament games.  Usually we just hear about them if and only if there is some kind of alumni get-together event.  
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

I've been to 2 of these since my son got to WIU.  They had an Alumni tailgate at the Colorado State game and it was packed!  I bet there was 150 people there.  They weren't planning to do one at Oklahoma State, and it was eventually cancelled anyway due to Covid. Then for Ball State they did nothing either.  We did our parents tailgate and invited any other fans we could.  We had about 50-60 people, all but a handful were parents and family members.  Again, common theme, the athletic department does a HORRIBLE job marketing their events.  And it's not rocket science!  
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Schedule officially announced on twitter (not on the goleathernecks.com website as of this post...probably soon).
Not surprisingly, it's what we've had down as the schedule for a while now.

WIU2DC

Has anyone heard any rumors or guess about our schedule for 2023? FBSschedules isn’t much help and I’m hoping we start off some where on Thursday. I really enjoy the opening week Thursday game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:20 am Has anyone heard any rumors or guess about our schedule for 2023? FBSschedules isn’t much help and I’m hoping we start off some where on Thursday. I really enjoy the opening week Thursday game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything, but I'd imagine getting the OOC schedule finalized for 2023 is going to be one of the higher priorities for the new AD.