9/1/22 - at UT-Martin

WIU2DC

wiu712 wrote:
letsgonecks wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:33 am
In 2001, we played 6 basketball games with Illinois spelled Illinios on our jerseys before anyone took notice.  Wish that was a joke, but it's not.  You'd still think spellcheck would catch something like the above this day and age, but they're everywhere.

Not one of Western's finer moments.  And this jersey snafu was the object of jokes on the late-night TV shows.

Had no idea about this. Hilariously terrible. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sealhall74

I am not a fan of the "hurry up" scheme in which the players line up and then get the play signalled in from sidelines and maybe shuffle around accordingly.  I dont see any way in hell you can be a good rushing team with that scheme.  Sure, there is a time and a place for it, but I would rather see a Huddle up, call the play and let those few seconds of reality sink in to the OLineman as he approaches the line that "hey, this play is coming may way, I might need to step up my game up a bit".  Also, you need many running formations w/ multiple backs and some shiftin around to confuse the D to have success in the running game.  I know my memory is fading but i think it has been a lot of years since I have seen that arrangement on Hanson Field.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckfan20

Were there any injuries this game? I saw Jack Whyte get hurt, was there anything else?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

leatherneckfan20 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:38 pm Were there any injuries this game? I saw Jack Whyte get hurt, was there anything else?

Jack is OK.  It was just cramps.  I don't remember any others.  
PoundTheRock

This was a cool highlight video I saw posted on facebook but didn't see anywhere else.

WIU2DC

Missouri State is gonna beat UTM by 5. I personally think we played Davenport all game we make it a 1-2 score game. Maybe we will have a fighting chance in our games this year. Gives me hope. Go Necks!

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:19 pm Missouri State is gonna beat UTM by 5. I personally think we played Davenport all game we make it a 1-2 score game. Maybe we will have a fighting chance in our games this year. Gives me hope. Go Necks!

Same...seeing how UTM did against Missouri State made me feel a lot better about our game. Not saying we're going to win the conference, but I still think we have a shot at ~4-5 wins this season and pull ourselves out of the last-place basement.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

MSU QB Shelley very efficient with a pretty good supporting cast around him.  Hoping our rebuild mirrors Petrino's.

Embrace the pace of the race.