9/10/22 - at Minnesota

leatherneckcountry

Necks2003 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:00 pm I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but this defense is likely going to be one of worst in the country from what we have seen. Even UT Martin absolutely crushed basically every player on every play......and last weekend showed UTM really isn't as strong as everyone was initially thinking. 

UTM lost by 5 to a top 5 team
HoosierNeck13

While yesterday wasn't the way I'd thought it go, I'm not concerned yet.

We're a fairly young team, we've played two quality opponents (on the road), and I've seen things I like: Mason has a good leg, the defense forced a turnover on the first series of the game vs a good Minny team, Davenport should be our starting QB, good receivers.

What would really help is running the football consistently to take pressure off the QB and let our defense rest.

This week's game will be a better test to see how we are.
PoundTheRock

There is a lot to be excited about with this team.  Our offense only allowed 1 sack on the day and that was due to intentional grounding which is just a mental mistake.  There were only 6 TFLs for a total of 9 yds if you throw out the intentional grounding already mentioned.  I think our defense played better, especially the first half.  It seemed like we had guys in the right spots and hitting the ball carrier but just didn't get the tackles made.  We had a number of offensive lineman outside on screens or designed runs where they just totally missed blocking anyone.  This can be corrected and I know the coaching staff will make sure it is.  I think we will get better each week from here on out.  There is a lot of heart on this team.
sealhall74

We need a confidence builder game.  The Thunderbirds are showing up at just the right time.

Screw that strategy of not showing your best plays, etc.  before conference play begins.  Let it all hang out.  Practice makes perfect.

Embrace the pace of the race.