How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
vatusay

Facility-wise there is a lot of sadness in western hall, but concessions, hands down, is the most depressing. 

politics. YUCK
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

vatusay wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:46 pm Facility-wise there is a lot of sadness in western hall, but concessions, hands down, is the most depressing. 

politics. YUCK

If Sodexo is pulling all the strings, let their employees work behind the counter.   Send the baseball guys out into the crowd to sell 50-50 tickets or pass a bigger than life "batting helmet" around for donations.

Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Right. If they won’t let anyone else in should they be required to provide the labor and food/drink? 
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

Two new restaurants are expected to be open this weekend. #1 Pho is expected to be open today and Wildfire bar and grill will be opening tomorrow.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:51 am Two new restaurants are expected to be open this weekend. #1 Pho is expected to be open today and Wildfire bar and grill will be opening tomorrow.

For the curious, #1 Pho is going to be located in the little strip mall in front of Walmart, next to Buffalo Wild Wings, where Gamestop used to be located. Wildfire is going to be on W. Jackson, next to Dairy Queen and across from Wendys, where Italian Express was (in previous years it's also been a music/instrument shop and a salvation army store, among other things).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
may know

Noticed Sunrise is now Z's. That must've been recent. 

Sunrise had always been my favorite. This makes me sad. 
leatherneckcountry

may wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:23 am Noticed Sunrise is now Z's. That must've been recent. 

Sunrise had always been my favorite. This makes me sad. 

Happened a couple years ago but it's the same place owner just decided to change the name when they did some remodeling.

sealhall74

If a guy and his wife are in town for some football with some time to kill before and they want to shoot some pool, any place to go?

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:46 am If a guy and his wife are in town for some football with some time to kill before and they want to shoot some pool, any place to go?

You could check at Sports Corner maybe. They used to have pool tables in their side room, although it's been a few years since I've actually been inside there.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:46 am If a guy and his wife are in town for some football with some time to kill before and they want to shoot some pool, any place to go?

I believe golden hills has tables as well