2022/2023 Season

leatherneckcountry

Watching the other teams in the league no one seems to be dominant I truly believe that this is the year we could make some noise 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

More info about the QC games: https://iowacollegehoops.com/2022/12/13 ... ual-event/

I think it'd be pretty cool to try to get someone fairly "local" to the region, but also DI. Since they're considered WIU "home games", I doubt Iowa would play us there (unless we worked out some different arrangement...I know we did that years ago, but I think it was considered a home game for Iowa in that situation), but like...Northern Illinois, Chicago State, maybe even a UIC, UW-Milwaukee, or Northern Iowa.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:19 pm More info about the QC games: https://iowacollegehoops.com/2022/12/13 ... ual-event/

I think it'd be pretty cool to try to get someone fairly "local" to the region, but also DI. Since they're considered WIU "home games", I doubt Iowa would play us there (unless we worked out some different arrangement...I know we did that years ago, but I think it was considered a home game for Iowa in that situation), but like...Northern Illinois, Chicago State, maybe even a UIC, UW-Milwaukee, or Northern Iowa.

Make it an all-day quadruple-header.  Add 2 games (boys and girls) between a premier HS from IA and IL.  Or Macomb HS and a close HS to whatever D1 we are facing. The "Quad in the Quad Showdown".

Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:19 pm More info about the QC games: https://iowacollegehoops.com/2022/12/13 ... ual-event/

Apparently Bubb also said they are looking at hosting a baseball and softball game in the Quad Cites also. The Baseball game would most likely be at Modern Woodman Park.
wiu712

If Western Athletics really wants to make this a true "home game" environment for the QC fans, they will have the Western Pep Band, Cheer Team, and Pom Squad at these games on Dec 16.

But the Fall Semester ends on that day.  So that probably won't be happening.

sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:35 am If Western Athletics really wants to make this a true "home game" environment for the QC fans, they will have the Western Pep Band, Cheer Team, and Pom Squad at these games on Dec 16.

But the Fall Semester ends on that day.  So that probably won't be happening.

I am just happy as a lark that I opened up the QC Times sports section today and this game got some front page attention.  Also nice words about the former and present QC area 'Neck hoopsters (Clemens, Massner, and Meadows).  Davenport Assumption band will be on hand.  I saw some of the MVC Womens Tourney there last March.  Not a bad seat in the house.  
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:36 am I am just happy as a lark that I opened up the QC Times sports section today and this game got some front page attention.  Also nice words about the former and present QC area 'Neck hoopsters (Clemens, Massner, and Meadows).  Davenport Assumption band will be on hand.  I saw some of the MVC Womens Tourney there last March.  Not a bad seat in the house. 

That's awesome. I know that a number of HS bands in the QC area have staff who are WIU alumni including the Director at Geneseo and the Assistant Director at United Township. Wonder if they could work to get an area HS band to play there every year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

The Ole Railsplitter Axe returns to Macomb.