Vs Omaha

sealhall74

Tuning in on th  e All-Access stream.  I plan on going to Saturday game. 
Let's get a streak going.  Enjoy that home-cooking.

I noticed in warmpups these guys look to be pure shooters, all had great touch from deep.

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Another 2nd half comeback comes up short. 78-74 the final.
Got to put together a full 40 minutes to win in the Summit.

wiu712

Omaha won the game 78-74.

Western trailed by as many as 18 points in the second half.

Vuk Stevanik led the Western scoring with 21 points.  Trenton Massner had 19.  Alec Rosner and Elijah Farr each had 10.

Omaha shot 57% from the field (29 of 51).  Western shot 34% (19 of 56).

The game-day environment was D-E-A-D (DEAD).

When the team made their entry onto the court, there was not the usual announcement from the P.A. guy.  It was a sub, and not the usual PA guy.  And there was no Fight Song played.  No clapping nor cheering from the few fans that were present at that time.  It was a downright quiet pre-game team entry.

Attendance at Western Hall = 354.

Next game will be at Western Hall on Saturday (Jan 7) vs Denver.  Game time is 2:00 PM.

During the WILP-FM Post-Game Show, Assistant Coach Boudreau said that he hopes that more people will show up for Saturday's game.

sealhall74

Massner will always be hounded by their best defender.  His best position is at shooting guard IMHO.  Same for Rosner.  We dont really have anyone else who can play the role of a true point guard, penetrate the paint, make the teardrop floaters, set up the other guys for open looks, etc.  KJ appears to be out with injury now and was not much of a factor in the last couple of games before this.  But either he or Bennett needs to become more influential to take some of the pressure off Massner.  If both Massner and Rosner score less than 15/g, it will be tough.

Regarding DEAD, i tuned in about 5 minutes before start of game.  I was shocked to see about 10-15 bodies seated on the south side. That has to factor into the psyche of a player.  Negative for us for sure.  When an opposing team shows up and sees this, they think to themselves "Wow, this is all you got", they tend to play loose and easy.  Thinking back on my playing days way back when, that also seemed to be the case. 

leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:37 am Massner will always be hounded by their best defender.  His best position is at shooting guard IMHO.  Same for Rosner.  We dont really have anyone else who can play the role of a true point guard, penetrate the paint, make the teardrop floaters, set up the other guys for open looks, etc.  KJ appears to be out with injury now and was not much of a factor in the last couple of games before this.  But either he or Bennett needs to become more influential to take some of the pressure off Massner.  If both Massner and Rosner score less than 15/g, it will be tough.

Regarding DEAD, i tuned in about 5 minutes before start of game.  I was shocked to see about 10-15 bodies seated on the south side. That has to factor into the psyche of a player.  Negative for us for sure.  When an opposing team shows up and sees this, they think to themselves "Wow, this is all you got", they tend to play loose and easy.  Thinking back on my playing days way back when, that also seemed to be the case. 

I got there about 30 minutes early and at about 10 minutes before the game I was like man no one is here. Also I don’t know what happened to the pa guy but the guy last night was not engaged at all then we have no pep band or cheerleaders 
4EverPurple&Gold

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:35 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:37 am Massner will always be hounded by their best defender.  His best position is at shooting guard IMHO.  Same for Rosner.  We dont really have anyone else who can play the role of a true point guard, penetrate the paint, make the teardrop floaters, set up the other guys for open looks, etc.  KJ appears to be out with injury now and was not much of a factor in the last couple of games before this.  But either he or Bennett needs to become more influential to take some of the pressure off Massner.  If both Massner and Rosner score less than 15/g, it will be tough.

I got there about 30 minutes early and at about 10 minutes before the game I was like man no one is here. Also I don’t know what happened to the pa guy but the guy last night was not engaged at all then we have no pep band or cheerleaders 

For the crowd, not sure what there is going on in a Wednesday night in Macomb that is taking people away from watching D1 men's basketball. I understand no band or cheer there since school hasn't started.

Looking ahead, in the five games we should be able to win four of them. I see the only loss coming vs. ORU 
leatherneckcountry

Anyone else not able to get stats or video today 
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:17 pm Anyone else not able to get stats or video today 

Yep, I was having trouble too.  Seems OK now.  I wanted to be there today, but something came up at home.  My good laptop was suffering from "Bulging Battery" disease and thought I better deal with that instead or risk explosion/fire.  Using my backup laptop to watch this now.