Interesting Off Season

Leatherneck57

From Ty…

“I decided to take my spot as a graduate student in the chemistry department. I love my teammates more than anything and I talked to them a lot about the opportunity as well as my family. I have decided that this is what’s best for me. Western Illinois has given me an absolutely wonderful opportunity to be the best version of myself I can be. I have loved every moment of being a player. Even through the ups and downs. I will always support the purple and gold and will never wear another college jersey. I am a Leatherneck till the end and am so excited to see the bright future of this program. As I told all my teammates before I will still be around and always willing to help the team through tutoring or any other possible thing they will need”.
Attachments
A0E81BEE-37C6-4EE3-B72D-BD227BC868B2.jpeg
A0E81BEE-37C6-4EE3-B72D-BD227BC868B2.jpeg (247.67 KiB) Viewed 767 times
dogwhisper

Charles Rutledge and Tyler Keinath both offensive line starters last year have entered the portal.
letsgonecks

dogwhisper wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:35 pm Charles Rutledge and Tyler Keinath both offensive line starters last year have entered the portal.

Ouch, was thinking Rutledge would slide to center after the Ty post.  Assumed Keinath was good for either G or T.

They're replaceable, but coming into another year with a whole new line isn't ideal.  Sure hope it's because we've locked in some stud transfers to play along with Banks-Wall and Merkling.
dogwhisper

Corey Scott defensive back has entered the portal :(

sealhall74

Those West Coast boys apparently dont like the cold midwestern winters.  Maybe there is a recruiting lesson to be learned there.   ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
dogwhisper

Sam Fairley DB has entered the portal, looks like he's from Pittsburgh, maybe too warm? :lol: