Field Turf

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I guess I’m the weird one who much prefers the block W on most things over the Rocky head logo (and especially over the old bell tower logo…that thing was horrible from a design standpoint). I do agree that I don’t think it would work well on the football field though because of the “M from the other side” issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

I prefer the block "W" on the football helmets instead of the Rocky head.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:I prefer the block "W" on the football helmets instead of the Rocky head.

I fully agree with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bignecks

I....I like the W.
may know

Tere wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:56 am
wiu51 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:44 pm Please don't use the block W. No one associates it with WIU. We need WIU, Western Illinois or Rocky's head. 

Absoltuley agreed. We are Western, WIU, etc, but not "for the W."

Athletics is associated with the Rocky head. That is wat we should be celebrating!

Same. I’ve always loved the Rocky Head and “Western Illinois” logos. 

I’ve always felt the common person would think of Western Michigan if they saw a “W”. “Leathernecks” is how a common person would remember us, so the Rocky Head logo or Western Illinois logo works.
pvk7072

Block W for the helmets, definitely. Sometimes cool-looking drawings are hard to see on helmets even if they look great on static display.

Also, as suggested, I can personally go with the "Western Illinois" mid-field (but Rocky first). Anything but the big block W.
Tere North

may wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:56 am
Tere wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:56 am
wiu51 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:44 pm Please don't use the block W. No one associates it with WIU. We need WIU, Western Illinois or Rocky's head. 

Absoltuley agreed. We are Western, WIU, etc, but not "for the W."

Athletics is associated with the Rocky head. That is wat we should be celebrating!

Same. I’ve always loved the Rocky Head and “Western Illinois” logos. 

I’ve always felt the common person would think of Western Michigan if they saw a “W”. “Leathernecks” is how a common person would remember us, so the Rocky Head logo or Western Illinois logo works.

Pretty much an exact copy of University of Washington.
sealhall74

I do like this emblem for the helmet replacing the lower SEMPER FI with WESTERN and modifying colors to purple and gold
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAM

Or maybe it could be a patch worn on the jersey?

I also like the big bold block W for the helmet.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:00 am I do like this emblem for the helmet replacing the lower SEMPER FI with WESTERN and modifying colors to purple and gold

I'm pretty sure we are not allowed to use a variation on the eagle, anchor, and globe marines logo anymore. It's grandfathered in for things already made that are hard to replace (like the turf field and the basketball court), but I'd bet that when we redo those things, they won't have that logo on them anymore.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:22 am
sealhall74 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:00 am I do like this emblem for the helmet replacing the lower SEMPER FI with WESTERN and modifying colors to purple and gold

I'm pretty sure we are not allowed to use a variation on the eagle, anchor, and globe marines logo anymore. It's grandfathered in for things already made that are hard to replace (like the turf field and the basketball court), but I'd bet that when we redo those things, they won't have that logo on them anymore.

I did not know that.  Wonder what Rock thinks about that looking down from above?  Maybe it time for a total rebranding.  Either you hang on and embrace the legacy or abondon it.

Embrace the pace of the race.