200 Members

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone noticed, but as of Thursday, we hit 200 members on the "new" site (we're actually at 201 right now).

Our 200th member, who I'm assuming is a Huskie fan here to talk about the game next week, is NIU#1FBinIL.

Welcome NIU#1 to Leatherneck Nation and we look forward to talking with you.

And thank you to everyone who's been with us since the "beginning" and has helped this site stay active and relevant over the last 2 1/2 years.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Thank you for everything you do Scott and being instrumental in the transitioning from the old fan board to the current Leathernecknation.net.
meganeck

yes, we have to thank Scott he has made this board what it is.
NIU#1FBinIL

ST_Lawson wrote:Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone noticed, but as of Thursday, we hit 200 members on the "new" site (we're actually at 201 right now).

Our 200th member, who I'm assuming is a Huskie fan here to talk about the game next week, is NIU#1FBinIL.

Welcome NIU#1 to Leatherneck Nation and we look forward to talking with you.

And thank you to everyone who's been with us since the "beginning" and has helped this site stay active and relevant over the last 2 1/2 years.
Hey look at me.

I'm #200! I'm #200! I'm #200! I'm #200!

Congrats on (now) SURPASSING the 200-member mark.
NIU#1FBinIL

Oh yeah, did I win anything? :lol:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

NIU#1FBinIL wrote:Oh yeah, did I win anything? :lol:
Uhhhh.....well......the pleasure of my visit to your lovely stadium on Saturday?

Oh hey, that reminds me. Is "Liquor The Store Beer" still there in Dekalb?
NIU#1FBinIL

ST_Lawson wrote:
Uhhhh.....well......the pleasure of my visit to your lovely stadium on Saturday?

I'm not sure to be honest, but I think I heard that it closed a while back.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

NIU#1FBinIL wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:

That's too bad. We always loved seeing that sign on the way to the stadium. Even actually bought alcohol there a couple of times. And you're right, I looked it up on Google Streetview and it's a CVS now....of course :(

For those of you who have no clue what we're talking about, there used to be a liquor store in a strip mall maybe a block down from Huskie Stadium, southeast corner of Annie Glidden Rd and Lincoln Highway, if I remember correctly. I think it was actually just called "The Store" but on it's sign, just to the left of the name it said Liquor and on the other side it said Beer. The font and alignment was close enough that it just looked like the sign said "Liquor The Store Beer"...so that's what everyone called it.
NIU#1FBinIL

ST_Lawson wrote:
NIU#1FBinIL wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:

That's too bad. We always loved seeing that sign on the way to the stadium. Even actually bought alcohol there a couple of times. And you're right, I looked it up on Google Streetview and it's a CVS now....of course :(

For those of you who have no clue what we're talking about, there used to be a liquor store in a strip mall maybe a block down from Huskie Stadium, southeast corner of Annie Glidden Rd and Lincoln Highway, if I remember correctly. I think it was actually just called "The Store" but on it's sign, just to the left of the name it said Liquor and on the other side it said Beer. The font and alignment was close enough that it just looked like the sign said "Liquor The Store Beer"...so that's what everyone called it.
Is that right, about the sign?

My mind must be playing tricks on me or I'm thinking of another store (or I was really drunk every time I was there) but I vaguely remember the sign said "The Store" but there was a picture of a liquor bottle between the "The" and the "Store" so everyone called it "The Bottle Store" to avoid confusion.

Was I that drunk?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

NIU#1FBinIL wrote:Is that right, about the sign?

My mind must be playing tricks on me or I'm thinking of another store (or I was really drunk every time I was there) but I vaguely remember the sign said "The Store" but there was a picture of a liquor bottle between the "The" and the "Store" so everyone called it "The Bottle Store" to avoid confusion.

Was I that drunk?
Well, it was correct back when I was in that area somewhat frequently. That would have been the late '90s mostly. Depending on when you spent time there, if it was before or after that timeframe, they could have changed the name and/or the sign. It's entirely possible you're remembering correctly from when you were there, but I'm positive it was Liquor The Store Beer when I was around there. I might even have a photo...I'll have to see if I can dig one up.