Forum Upgrade + New Template

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

As you can probably tell...we have ourselves a new template (again). I had been eyeing this template for a while, and when the last forum upgrade ended up messing a bunch of stuff up, I decided to go ahead and upgrade the template as well. Still working on getting it all set up the way I want it to be, but hopefully everything works well for you all. Let me know if there's any issues or anything that you have and I'll see what I can figure out.

Thanks.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, I'm playing around with ad placement in the new template. Trying to find a way to have the ads be visible, without being intrusive or annoying. Ads may show up in weird places for a bit...please ignore.
rocki

Is this going to be updated to show which topics have new posts in them and when they were made?
leatherneckcountry

rocki wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:30 pm Is this going to be updated to show which topics have new posts in them and when they were made?
They have a check mark next to them when a new post has been made.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Right, at this point, a new post will look something like this:
I'm still working on getting our classic pawprint/rocky head icons in place of them.
rocki

I guess I need to go in and check mine as "all read" - mine all show as completely new, and I know that's not correct. Thanks!!!
sealhall74

The new look is a big improvement on my cell phone. One question. This site does not kick in Google Smart Lock save password option when I attempt log in. Personally, I think that is the best thing since sliced bread as login and password are automatically entered into the login screen and passwords can be manged centrally when they need to be. Might be because this is a non-secure site but if you have any ideas how to get that feature to work, let me know.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 pm The new look is a big improvement on my cell phone. One question. This site does not kick in Google Smart Lock save password option when I attempt log in. Personally, I think that is the best thing since sliced bread as login and password are automatically entered into the login screen and passwords can be manged centrally when they need to be. Might be because this is a non-secure site but if you have any ideas how to get that feature to work, let me know.
hmmm...ok. I don't have any experience with that sine I usually use tapatalk on mobile. What device and browser do you normally use? iOS or Android? Chrome, Safari, Firefox, something else?

I'll have to look into seeing if there's a plugin or something that helps get that working.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 pm The new look is a big improvement on my cell phone. One question. This site does not kick in Google Smart Lock save password option when I attempt log in. Personally, I think that is the best thing since sliced bread as login and password are automatically entered into the login screen and passwords can be manged centrally when they need to be. Might be because this is a non-secure site but if you have any ideas how to get that feature to work, let me know.
I think I figured out what the majority of the issues might have been. I've got a SSL certificate associated with the site, and previously it'd been going through https. When the site updated and I set up the forwarding from the front page, I forgot to make it https (as opposed to http), so it was using the "insecure" version of the site (not really insecure...just not verified).

Anyway, for anyone who was having problems with the new theme over the last day or so, try reloading it, make sure the site goes to https (you might see a green padlock in the address bar, depending on your browser) and let me know if it seems to work better for you guys.
sealhall74

Google smart lock is now working me. Thanks ST.
Embrace the pace of the race.