Basketball Recruits - 2019

sealhall74

Kirkwood won the D2 JUCO tournament. In four games and 103 minutes of PT, the SDSU-bound Wilson kid scored 92 points with 30 points and 15 boards in title game. I would say the Jacks landed a starter for next season. That is the way it should be. If you are recruiting JUCOs, they must be a starter or at least first one off the bench.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Dreshawn Allen, PG/SG from Gillette College (JUCO) in Wyoming: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2019/4/ ... guard.aspx
He'll have 3 years of eligibility with us.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

So does anyone know how good this young man is? Seal, you are usually very good at getting to the bottom of this time of thing! ;) jc
letsgonecks

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:25 am So does anyone know how good this young man is? Seal, you are usually very good at getting to the bottom of this time of thing! ;) jc
I watched his highlights when I first saw his offer on verbalcommits and was super impressed. Was crossing my finger we could get him. Dude has hops and that is something we've lacked lately. Last person that we had that could drive and put it down was Link. He can shoot the 3 as well, so they'll have to respect that and give him a chance to fake and drive.

Have high hopes.
letsgonecks

For those not 100% sold on Kyle Arrington, we've just landed another big man in Roderick Smith. Looks promising.

Also, signed another wing/guard in Anthony Jones Jr. He was on a pretty good juco team, but wasn't a started and some games didn't log a ton of minutes.

So far like the Allen and Smith additions as they both can score and have 3 years left.

Unless they give Weyhrich a scholarship, they should have 1 left .
OldHare

I see on a twitter feed you have a new big man for next season.
https://southwestbearathletics.com/rost ... rp_id=2673
This is the Roderick Smith guy mentioned above.