Next Year's Defense

letsgonecks

Bam, I was joking in the other forum that you must be a DB, so that's why I said, is that you Rollins. Just playing....
wonderdog

I say we will be the most improve team this year 9-3 our offense will be much improve and our defense will play at a high level coaching will be a big part of our sucess
BamBamfootball

letsgonecks thanks for the clarification. Wonderdog I would agree with you if the offense can manage to score 14-21 points a game. Last year we could have won a couple of games just made mistakes towards the end to lose the game such as punting, interceptions and not managing to kick field goals. I think coach Nielson did a good job in the spring game to correct some of those areas but we are still throwing interceptions (wonderdog I know this is the secondary lol). WIU0812 and others Do you think the defense will be ranked in the top 10 in the Nation with the younger players?
huskie

Not top 10, they will be in the top 30. Dline gets better so teams will pass more this year against WIU so we will give up more passing yards. Over all it will be much better balanced team on Defense.
WIU0812

Huskie is right I hope for top 10, but see more of a top 25 scenario coming about. The D-line should be vastly improved and even with a deep defense the loss of McDaniel's will sting some for the player rotation. Hope to see more info soon.
Play-To-Win

The defense was rank #7 nationally 2013 with an improve Dline I think we will be Top 5 I really don't see that much of a drop off because most of the starters has 2-3 years together and we have smart players who understand the style of defense there ask to play . WIU812 what did you mean by the loss of McDaniel ? he's not with the Team?
WIU0812

He was arrested for a DUI and something else a few weeks back and will most likely see at least some games missed. We are not to sure how severe it will be thus far.
BamBamfootball

Play-to-Win I agree with Top 10 nationally. I think teams will try to exploit ours linebacker with their running backs such as getting them in space. If we can stay zone mostly like we did last year we should be ok.
BamBamfootball

Wonderdog I looked at the highlight film at your request and my opinion have not changed, matter of fact I would like to change my prediction 5-7 below .500 and no playoffs. We just don't have the speed at the linebacker position to compete with other teams. The secondary look great! I know you are going to have a comment but it is just my personal opinion, I hope I am proven wrong.
huskie

Any of the back up LB have any speed?