Summit League Baseball Tournament

wiu712

The 2014 Summit League Baseball Championship begins Thursday, at Sioux Falls Stadium, with four teams vying for the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.

In Thursday's first game, No. 2 Western Illinois faces No. 3 Fort Wayne at 2 p.m. (CDT), followed by host and top-seed South Dakota State vs. No. 4 North Dakota State at 7 p.m. (CDT).

The double elimination tournament continues with three games on Friday, and the championship game(s) slated for Saturday.

Tournament Bracket: http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/b ... racket.pdf
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:The 2014 Summit League Baseball Championship begins Thursday, at Sioux Falls Stadium, with four teams vying for the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.

In Thursday's first game, No. 2 Western Illinois faces No. 3 Fort Wayne at 2 p.m. (CDT), followed by host and top-seed South Dakota State vs. No. 4 North Dakota State at 7 p.m. (CDT).

The double elimination tournament continues with three games on Friday, and the championship game(s) slated for Saturday.

Tournament Bracket: http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/b ... racket.pdf
This inquiring mind wants to know if they will have beer on tap. No beer here in Birmingham for the SEC tournament unless you are a high-roller up in the VIP suites. I am parched after day 1.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:This inquiring mind wants to know if they will have beer on tap.
The minor league team sells beer at Sioux Falls Stadium.

I was at the Senior Day game on Sunday. I heard some of the parents saying that were going to the tournament. They were looking forward to having some beer during the games! :D
WIU0812

wiu712 wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:This inquiring mind wants to know if they will have beer on tap.
The minor league team sells beer at Sioux Falls Stadium.

I was at the Senior Day game on Sunday. I heard some of the parents saying that were going to the tournament. They were looking forward to having some beer during the games! :D

This is the reason we need an indoor party area in the new football stadium able to hold a hundred or so people because you can serve beer at the games in these areas. I love what ISU did with their indoor area and they rent it out to parties and company meetings all the time, not that we have as many people who would use it, but it would still be a thought. I hope they do not just do club boxes that you have to buy a whole box and they let there be a large area like a banquet room with big glass that overlooks field. ISU has a basically bar table with stools that line the entire glass looking over field and then tons of TV's inside airing the game for those who want to eat at a table and drink a beer.
wiu712

Tournament Schedule

Thursday, May 22
2 p.m. - Game One: (2) Western Illinois vs. (3) Fort Wayne
7 p.m. - Game Two: (1) South Dakota State vs. (4) North Dakota State

Friday, May 23
11 a.m. - Game Three: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2
3 p.m. - Game Four: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2
7 p.m. - Game Five: Winner Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4

Saturday, May 24
1 p.m. - Game Six: Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5
4:30 p.m. - Game Seven: Winner Game 6 vs. Loser Game 6 *

*If necessary
wiu712

Western had a record six players named All-League, as announced Wednesday (May 21) at the Summit League Baseball Championship banquet in Sioux Falls.

Tanner Glore, Neil DeCook, and Tyler Willman were tabbed First Team All-League.

Jameson Henning, Zack Burling, and JJ Reimer earned Second Team honors.

The six players named All-League is a new program record, topping the old mark of five All-Conference selections from both 1994 and 2006.
wiu712

No. 2 Western Illinois' JJ Reimer hit a walk-off single to left field giving the Leathernecks an 8-7 win over No. 3 IPFW in 10 innings in game one of The Summit League Baseball Tournament!!

The back-and-forth contest saw five lead changes and three ties. Both teams plated a run in the first and two runs in the third.

Tyler Owings (4-1) recorded the win for Western Illinois, while Brandon Phelps (2-2) suffered the loss.

Inside The Box Score:
•A total of 10 players had multi-hit games in the game, five on each team.
•Attendance was 358.
•Western Illinois' Zack Burling reached base five times with two hits and three walks.
•There were a total of 27 hits in the game with just four going for extra bases.

Up Next
No. 2 Western Illinois advances to take on the winner of top-seeded South Dakota State vs. No. 4 North Dakota State Friday at 3 p.m.

No. 3 IPFW will face the loser of the SDSU-NDSU contest in an elimination game Friday at 11 a.m.
wiu712

In Thursday night's game, (4) North Dakota State beat (1) South Dakota State 4-3.

That means that Western will play North Dakota State at 3PM on Friday.

IPFW will play South Dakota State in an elimination game at 11AM on Friday.

Attendance at the Thursday night game was 1,654.

Weather: Clear, 77, Wind ESE 5-10
Lakesbison

0-0 in the 4th. Where's the leathernecknation?
Lakesbison

Ndsu 3-1 in 5th.