2019 Roster

letsgonecks

Looks like they've been updating the roster today and still working on it, but you can see it. You'll have to choose the pull-down for year and go to 2019 as 2018 still auto loads.

As of now 16 WR's listed. Recent adds being Justin Hall who redshirted last year at NIU as a DB. Was a 3 Star running back out of Homewood-Flossmoor. Dennis Houston, who played as a true freshman at Houston Baptist and juco last year at Fullerton. Kellen Pachot comes to us after contributing 2 years with juco San Bernardino Valley College. They also have Kendon Walker listed at WR, who believe was a WR/DB in high school before converting last year in juco to RB.

Unless they make any more additions or changes, don't see anyone else popping out we missed on the recruiting front. You might not remember a few added walk-on's, but pretty sure they were all mentioned at one point. Nothing noticeable either in regards to previous players missing.

Excited about this teams potential and the future looks bright.

Correction.....I don't see Juco transfer RB Damon Bonds yet on the roster. His twitter still says WIU and he's in the directory.
WIU2DC

Few questions:

George Wahee related to J.T. Wahee? I remember George showing great promise last year but ended up getting injured and missing most of the season. I don’t remember J.T. Playing at all with us last year? (Also see they both went to Norfolk so I’m assuming they’re related)

Also seems like we have a young roster but with a lot of experienced upper class-men. And like OP stated, a lot of WRs and curious to see what’s the game plan for them. (Seems like a good amount are upper class men and curious if they moved positions)

I’m so excited for this team to get the 2019 campaign started! Feeling really well about this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 pm George Wahee related to J.T. Wahee? I remember George showing great promise last year but ended up getting injured and missing most of the season. I don’t remember J.T. Playing at all with us last year? (Also see they both went to Norfolk so I’m assuming they’re related)
Yes, they're brothers.

George (the WR) transferred last year with 2 years of eligibility - redshirted his freshman year at Norfolk State, played 2016 and 2017, then grad-transferred to Western and played some last year (6 games) and had a TD...I think against Illinois, if I remember correctly.

JT (the DB) transferred this year with 1 year of eligibility - played the entire season his freshman year, started all games his sophomore and junior years, grad-transferred to Western this year to finish up his final year with his brother.

EDIT - went back and checked the stats for George last year: suited up against Montana State (no stats), had a nice game against Illinois...6 catches for 104 yards and 1 TD...but was injured. Was out for the Montana, YSU, ILSU, NDSU, and MSU games. Suited up against UNI (no stats), 1 catch for 19 yards against SIU, 2 catches for 45 yards against USD, and no stats against INSU. If I remember correctly, a source told me that even when he was playing later in the season, he was still fighting lingering effects from the injury and wasn't really at 100% then.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 pm George Wahee related to J.T. Wahee? I remember George showing great promise last year but ended up getting injured and missing most of the season. I don’t remember J.T. Playing at all with us last year? (Also see they both went to Norfolk so I’m assuming they’re related)
Yes, they're brothers.

George (the WR) transferred last year with 2 years of eligibility - redshirted his freshman year at Norfolk State, played 2016 and 2017, then grad-transferred to Western and played some last year (6 games) and had a TD...I think against Illinois, if I remember correctly.

JT (the DB) transferred this year with 1 year of eligibility - played the entire season his freshman year, started all games his sophomore and junior years, grad-transferred to Western this year to finish up his final year with his brother.

EDIT - went back and checked the stats for George last year: suited up against Montana State (no stats), had a nice game against Illinois...6 catches for 104 yards and 1 TD...but was injured. Was out for the Montana, YSU, ILSU, NDSU, and MSU games. Suited up against UNI (no stats), 1 catch for 19 yards against SIU, 2 catches for 45 yards against USD, and no stats against INSU. If I remember correctly, a source told me that even when he was playing later in the season, he was still fighting lingering effects from the injury and wasn't really at 100% then.

That’s pretty cool so we have two groups of brothers on the team! Hopefully the new Wahee is a baller like George is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
letsgonecks

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but looks like Cam Clemons has joined Gaston at Quincy. Things weren't looking the best for him when 4 corners transferred in. Wondered about Wheeler as well, but he should be in the rotation and has a better shot at winning the job or at least returning kicks.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:12 am Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but looks like Cam Clemons has joined Gaston at Quincy. Things weren't looking the best for him when 4 corners transferred in. Wondered about Wheeler as well, but he should be in the rotation and has a better shot at winning the job or at least returning kicks.
Yeah, didn't look like he'd get a lot of playing time this year. Hopefully the move works out well for him. He's originally from St. Louis, so he'll be just a bit closer to home (not that Macomb is that far from STL in the grand scheme of things).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Looks like both Viti and Murray were able to save a year of eligibility, by only competing in 4 games last year and having never red-shirted. They're both listed as JR's.

This unit could be special this year. Have Carrera penciled in at safety, but nothing is a lock and all 4 spots and the 2 deep completely open.

DB and DL looks to be the deepest and most exciting competition for camp. Should make for a solid rotation and potential shutdown D.
GV Dad

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:58 am Looks like both Viti and Murray were able to save a year of eligibility, by only competing in 4 games last year and having never red-shirted. They're both listed as JR's.

This unit could be special this year. Have Carrera penciled in at safety, but nothing is a lock and all 4 spots and the 2 deep completely open.

DB and DL looks to be the deepest and most exciting competition for camp. Should make for a solid rotation and potential shutdown D.
Our Defense could be scary good this year. Which seems crazy I know, thinking of who we lost. If we get some improvement from ou OL, we should be flirting with the playoffs again.
letsgonecks

Wish the season was starting this week. It's not, so I scour the internet and check the roster each day for my fix.

Here are some roster changes according to the website.

Kendon Walker who we thought was going to be an RB and initially put at WR, is now RB.

Cam Taylor no longer listed, so not sure if he transferred out to get some playing time.

Kellen Pachot, JUCO transfer no longer listed on the roster at WR.

Aaron Morrison, was a WR and who played some special teams last year has moved to LB.

Gabe Angel has transferred in from Ole Miss. Former 4 star TE and high school teammates of Kyle WIlliams and Luke Terrill.

Chris Zobrist from OL to TE. Looks to have dropped some LB's down to 240 and could be a great blocking TE.

Josh Franke moved from RB/FB to TE.

Jack Whyte from OL to TE, but was rocking 85 as a red-shirt last year, so seamed that was already the case.

Deshon Gavin from DB to RB. Move was mentioned last year during Spring Ball.

Mark Casillas added as a Long Snapper from JUCO Santa Monica College.

Andre Whitley from S to LB

Eryk Preston, not a huge change from the random DE label we used to LB, so likely fight for one of the OLB spots open.

Matthew Gotel, was a JUCO transfer, but looks like he is now at DII West Florida.

Demetri Royer listed as JR, so must have applied for and received hardship waiver to get another year (missed both 2015 and 16 because of injuries).

Might have been some others that fell off, but didn't pop out.
letsgonecks

Keyshawn Canady was also missing from the roster. Thought he had a good chance to start at either CB or Safety. Anyone have any info, pretty sure he was in the background of a twitter pic last week during practice?